Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warranty scam

John Thompson

I sent my Optima to ABO USA to get warranty repaired because the dot won't hold zero.  The deal was I send $23- with the sight for return shipping.  It only cost me $1.50 to ship it to them.

Then today I got a  letter today from ABO saying the sight housing was broke, that it was not under warranty, that it would cost an additional $43- to repair, AND IF I WANTED MY SIGHT BACK IT WOULD COST AN ADDITIONAL $10- FOR SHIPPING.

BULL, BULL, BULL.  The original $23 was supposed to cover shipping, the housing of the sight was fine.  This is nothing but a SCAM!!!!!!!!!

Send them a small note that explains exactly how the world works. Attach a copy of the letter that you will be sending American Handgunner, Guns and Ammo, Handguns etc, etc, etc. They have 7 days to rectify your problems or out they go. I also suggest that you get a bunch of freinds send them mail along the lines of, "it is a shame that you pissed off my freind and I will get ten of MY freinds to send you a nasty note every week until this is sorted out".

You can also bombard them with an email every day, nicely asking them how things are going, and I suggest that the same bunch of freinds who write in also email them everyday.

You could also write the letter that your freinds are going to send and just get them to sign it.

All else fails, a small nuclear device in the carpark should get their attention.

(Edited by gm iprod at 7:18 pm on Sep. 30, 2002)