Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our (USPSA's) safety record

ima45dv8

Another factor is that we just plain NEED to be safe.

- If someone gets killed in a Nascar, football, hockey, parachuting, etc. it's considered a tragic accident, and everyone accepts that each of these activities bring with it a certain percentage of "breakage". You don't hear calls to shut down all stock car racing if a driver gets killed, or ban parachuting if a participant bounces.

- If someone gets killed in a traditional sport, it is accepted as a risk of the activity. Absent gross negligence, nobody is going to get indicted because someone becomes a quad at a football game or gets killed on the racetrack. An accidental shooting in my state (and no doubt some others) will virtually always result in criminal charges unless the shooter is a police officer.

Very true.

There is not an national organization whose sole mission is to stop all motorsport.

Very good, very helpful post starting this thread.

I live a few blocks away from a high school sports stadium. EVERY event there has an ambulance parked at the end of the field...and they get used on a regular basis.

I've gone Curling. Fun, harder than it looks, always involves beer;-)

Lack of beer is about the only complaint I have with our sport

Our club doesn't lack beer...when the scores are being read off after all the props and targets are put away.

I'm a prime example of this. After all the gear, props and targets are put away, I'm cracking open a cold one. Only if I have that day off though. :roflol::cheers: