Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The screw that holds the end cap in place on the 1050

There is a screw on the left side bottom of the press that holds the end cap on, and threads into the crankshaft. Is that supposed to come loose? I tighten mine, and it quickly comes unscrewed, within 20-30 pulls. Should I put locktite on it?

Edited by hondaman

There's no screw on the bottom left of a 1050 (unless you count the supports for the casefeeder), nor is there an end-cap, nor is there anything threaded into the crankshafts on any of my 1050s.

I'm puzzled, and would appreciate a picture.

There's no screw on the bottom left of a 1050 (unless you count the supports for the casefeeder), nor is there an end-cap, nor is there anything threaded into the crankshafts on any of my 1050s.

I'm puzzled, and would appreciate a picture.

Parts 13685, 11010, and 11061 ;)

Aha! You have a Super 1050, not a 1050. They are very different - the ol' 1050 doesn't use the removable needle bearing cartridges to support the the crankshaft, and doesn't need a retainer cap.

I can't offer the specific advise for the Super 1050 due to lack of experience with that model, but looking at the parts diagram I think the Loctite would help. Use the blue kind, not the green, red or black Loctite, and degrease the bolt 13685 beforehand.

Good luck!

LT

Edited by Linear Thinker