Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCC 3-Gun Mar. 31 & Apr 1

Finally caught a break, the big storm last night dumped 5"+ in College Station area but we got very little, less than an inch.

I worked in the stages yesterday and had no problem driving or walking the course.

The 4 stages can be shot either Saturday or Sunday, target count is...

Rifle = 60 targets from 70 to 350 yards, all steel including an MGM Spinner at 70 yards.

Pistol = 46 targets, all steel.

Shotgun = 78 birdshot, no slugs or buckshot, steel and clays.

This match is very different than our regular matches that normally focus on rifle and longrange. 3 of the stages are close range, many transitions and numerous shooting positions. Expect to shoot offhand on some of the rifle stages

All 4 stages are all 3 guns, slings required for rifle only.

Stage 1, 16 rifle, 10 shotgun and 16 pistol shot around a pair of barricades. Max distance is 70 yd.

Stage 2, 8 rifle, 20 shotgun and 12 pistol, lots of movement shooting through props of various types. Max 70 yd.

Stage 3, 27 rifle, 16 shotgun and 10 pistol. This will be our only longrange stage with targets from 70 to 350 yd.

Stage4, 32 shotgun, 8 pistol and 1 MGM Spinner with rifle.

Sign-up at 8:30am at Fred's Tree, hammer down at 9:00

If you have a timer please bring it, some of ours were damaged in the storms.

Par times will be posted for each stage day of the match depending on conditions.

This match will be a great warm-up for the LaRue.

See you this weekend,

FredQ

ccc3g.com

I forgot how to shoot less than 200yds. Crap do we shoot sub guns to compensate???

Bring a Mosin 91/30 and poke it with the bayonet. I think you should be able to reach without leaving the firing line.

ooohh! That's why I should have left a Bayo lug on my gun... It all makes sence noww.

I forgot how to shoot less than 200yds. Crap do we shoot sub guns to compensate???

Bring a Mosin 91/30 and poke it with the bayonet. I think you should be able to reach without leaving the firing line.

ooohh! That's why I should have left a Bayo lug on my gun... It all makes sence noww.

Ancient weapons and hokey religions may not be a match for a good blaster...but that doesn't mean they can't be useful.

Speaking of which, maybe I should order a bayonet for my M1....

Shot this match today and had a great time, despite my crappy long-range performance. Very small crowd, which Fred said is typical for Saturday - apparently most folks shoot this match on Sunday. The small squad made for a VERY QUICK shoot - we were done with all four stages in less than 2 hours.

After we finished, Fred let us stick around and get in some much-needed practice on this world class range. He gave me a quick 4-wheeler tour (it was the first time I'd been there since the LaRue match two years ago) and the range / land is much more developed now; aside from the part that flooded with the recent rains. Lots of good things in the works out there.

Anyway, the match was a ton of fun - first time I've ever shot a MGM spinner with a rifle and it was pretty humbling. There was a METRIC CRAP TON of shotgun targets - one stage had almost 35 and another 20-something. All stages were true 3-gun stages, so we got to practice transitions with every gun on every stage.

I've been meaning to make this match ever since Fred started hosting it last summer and never did til today; kicking myself that I waited this long. I'll be back for more of that great long-range punishment - keeps me nice and humble.

My apologies to everone but I made an error entering the scores today. New scores are now posted, it made a difference in standings between #2 & #3. Sorry Guys.

Check out how good two of the limited shooters did in the overall, looks like they will be ready for the Texas Multigun...

FredQ

Were you pump gunning, too? I thought I was the only luddite out there this time...

I've got the ancient weapons, I'm working on the hokey religion, and I sure wasn't any match for those good blasters...

Were you pump gunning, too? I thought I was the only luddite out there this time...

I've got the ancient weapons, I'm working on the hokey religion, and I sure wasn't any match for those good blasters...

Yea and I saw you down the way on stage 2 chopping away with your 30-06 right?

Yup, that was me with the machine that goes 'Ping!'

I was kind of bummed that I ran out of time before I got to see what .30-06 would do with the spinner.

I was kind of bummed that I ran out of time before I got to see what .30-06 would do with the spinner.

It can prolly spin it in 4 shots if I remember correctly. Think my 308 did it in 5 shots once but I did miss a couple times and lose momentum.

It can prolly spin it in 4 shots if I remember correctly. Think my 308 did it in 5 shots once but I did miss a couple times and lose momentum.

Well, if I didn't get it in 8, I'd lose some serious momentum.

The answer is... ROCKS. Def of ROCKS- hard stone object. Also known as Langenator for being so manly

There's a thin line between manly and rock-headed...

I overbought on the .30-06 from CMP for LaRue, so I may cart out the M1 for a few more matches this summer.