Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer pouches. anyone try em?

user293

im looking to upgrade from my older style DAA mag pouches, but the aluminum racemaster pouches are very expensive, but now i see these more affordable pouches and i think im gonna get them. anyone know if they perform just like the aluminum ones? thanks alot.

Yep, just got mine in about 2 weeks ago. They are set up very similar to the RM pouches, but there are some differences. Obvisouly, they arent aluminum. The hook up to your belt is the same. The mag retention is the same. The only major difference is that instead of having a swivel mount from the belt mount to the actual pouch, its a solid fixture with one allen bolt through the center. It will give you a 360 deg position, but they wont give you any adjustment closer/away from your body. This works out for me since I'm not a very big guy. All in all, I really like them, and I'm thinking of switching to them. Hope the info helps.

so is the allen bolt like the original DAA mag pouches? the originals are what i have now and the allen bolt through the middle of those tend to loosen up. i was hoping that the racer pouch would be a little different.

so is the allen bolt like the original DAA mag pouches? the originals are what i have now and the allen bolt through the middle of those tend to loosen up. i was hoping that the racer pouch would be a little different.

Yeah, pretty much the same set up, same size etc. have you tried a little loc-tite on the nut?

Don't use loktite. Just use rubber washers and crank down the screw. This will prevent pouch rotation and still allow adjustment. In fact, DAA now ships the older style pouches with washers.

nah i guess i havent. i thought about it but i wanted to make sure i could still adjust em as needed. but im sure i could still with just a little bit of loc tite.

The rubber washers are to be used between the male and female cups, not in lieu of the nut. This creates friction and therefore minimize rotation. I have both the DAA original and the RM pouches. For production division, the old pouches work very well, unless you want to use a perpendicular mount.