Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up the primer system on a 550

Hi all, got a new 550 direct from Dillon (I live not far from their store).

I am having issues setting up the primer system. I did change the arm for small primer, but I can't get the system to work. All primers fall right through. The instructions are really poor. I wish they included the DVD free of charge. It seems Dillon likes to make money every way they can... I understand the whole market offer vs demand thing, they have the best reputation, therefore they are more expensive, but a DVD must cost a buck or two to make, and they don't even need to include a box, the DVD in an envelope would be good enough. Or even online videos...!

But enough of the rant, I know I can call them, I am not able to during their normal work hours :(

Anybody knows of a good personal Youtube video showing how it's done?

Thanks a bunch!

Did you swap out the large primer magazine tube for the small one?

Are you sure the primer magazine is properly seated in the press?

There's a small slot on the end of the magazine - just turn the tube slowly until it drops down and fully seats, then screw the cap back on - but don't over tighten it - that will distort the platic tip on the end of the magazine.

Tom

There's a small slot on the end of the magazine - just turn the tube slowly until it drops down and fully seats, then screw the cap back on - but don't over tighten it - that will distort the platic tip on the end of the magazine.

Tom

my thoughts as well. In my experience it is generally something simple that got overlooked.

Sounds like the wrong tube to me.

Tom

my thoughts as well. In my experience it is generally something simple that got overlooked.

Sounds like the wrong tube to me.

No I read the instructions:) that part is clear. The rest is not...