Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo back from Gunsmith

AzShooter

Well I finally got my revolver back from my favorite Gunsmith,Nelson Ford in Phoenix, Az. The problem was my fault. I was trying a new load that was a little light. Worked well with my lead bullets but when I tried some 160 fmj in it I stuck 8 in the barrel of my 627.

I guess I should have been checking the target. But the lead was working fine.

So I had to replace the barrel. $500 for the barrel on the V-comp and $150 labor got me back together.

No pictures but I'm now getting 3/4 inch x 1 inch groups at 25 yards using .38 Colt Shorts with 135 grain lead and with 125 grain Zero JHP. I've also uped my charge to 4.21 grains of Solo 1000. I'm using an old Adco Mirage dot but will be replacing it with a C more pretty soon because I want a larger dot.

You stuck eight? Dude! :surprise:

Just razzing you. I shoot with a couple of guys we always razz about either bullets sticking in the cardboard or not getting all the way there. One did about the same thing, he grabbed his book, set his powder charge and proceeded to load about 800 rounds. Then he figured out that he used his lead data with jacketed bullets. He hasn't stuck any, but I swear you can watch them fly to the target.

You stuck eight? Dude! :surprise:

Just razzing you. I shoot with a couple of guys we always razz about either bullets sticking in the cardboard or not getting all the way there. One did about the same thing, he grabbed his book, set his powder charge and proceeded to load about 800 rounds. Then he figured out that he used his lead data with jacketed bullets. He hasn't stuck any, but I swear you can watch them fly to the target.

I was experimenting with 150gr cowboy bullets in my 625 to see how low I could go. I had them rainbowing downrange at 500 fps, you could see them plain as day.