Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New handguner

JeremyV

Hey guys I am from Southern Oregon and am about to jump into the IPSC World! Just got my first nice handgun and have started training! Lots of long hours ahead before I will be competition ready but don't worry I will be out there at some point!

This forum is such an awesome place to come learn from awesome shooters! I am very happy to have found a place where everyone is so nice and helpful.

I am 29 years old and work part time shoeing horses and making hand made Damascus Knives. My real job is as a Professional Stunt bike rider I travel all over the world doing shows. I dont do any competitions anymore because they don't pay well but I have competed in the World championships 5 or 6 times.

I am shooting a xdm 5.25 9mm I have done a few upgrades polishing the sear and changing the sear engagement lighter trigger spring and sear spring. changed mag release spring, polished mag release parts and added extreme rubber grips! The trigger pull is about 2.7lbs but its still a long pull so looking at changing out some other parts to tighten things up a bit.

If any of you guys are from around here I would love to met up to go shooting and get some tips!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Welcome JV. Check out USPSA.org and use the "Club Finder" thread for club/s near you. They might even have a practice night where they set up and shoot practice matches so you can learn on the fly. Don't hesitate to give a real match a try...you won't be sorry (except your pocket book! LOL)

Richard

PS: Nice pistol choice to start out with.

Thanks for the advice! The practice nights would be awesome!

Here is the deal I have a bunch of sponsors from my bike riding and am hoping a bunch of them will support my shooting!

I want to make sure I do well in my first competition that way they will be more likley to support me

I know I would learn faster if I started competing right away but that wont work for me right now.

Thanks again for the advice

Jeremy

Thanks for the advice! The practice nights would be awesome!

Here is the deal I have a bunch of sponsors from my bike riding and am hoping a bunch of them will support my shooting!

I want to make sure I do well in my first competition that way they will be more likley to support me

I know I would learn faster if I started competing right away but that wont work for me right now.

Thanks again for the advice

Jeremy