Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate magazine sticking in pistol

my00wrx1

I received my Czechmate on the weekend and used it for the first time last night. I was impressed with the performance but one of the magazines is sticking in the pistol while the others drop freely. When I press the mag release it doesn't even move and I have to lever it out with a finger. Any suggestions on what to look for to get this fixed? I'm in Australia and purchased it from the importer who is out of state and there are no extra mags available in the country at the moment so sending it back or replacing it isn't really an option.

You may want to check if the follower catches on the slide stop catch. That happen with one of my Czechmate magazines. You might be able to see it trough the ejection port.

They are 10 rounders and I have only noticed the problem when it was empty or partially empty as I hadn't tried with a full mag. There was a wear spot on the back near the top that the others didn't have and the tube did measure slightly larger. I loaded it up and proceeded to release the empty mag about fifty times. It was now releasing reasonably freely when full but wouldn't budge whthout assistance when empty. So I put the magazine in almost all the way and pulled it out while gripping the base about a hundred times. It now releases resonably reliably when empty but I will have to do it again to get it 100% once my bad case of 'mag release thumb' recovers. Thanks for your help.

sounds like a potential high spot. an STI mag tuning guru should be able to help you with that. i watched a mag tuner before. on high spots he taps it gently with a special hammer to give it that micrometer clearance to make it reliable. it is not as simple as it sounds though.