Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 9mm Trojan Issues

skdmrklcy

I had the same problem but with the 10 round 9mm Tripp mags when I first got them. The way I fixed it was to get the old style magazine followers from Virgil. The new style has a small dogleg that activates the slide stop. On mine, it wasn't working right. The old style follower doesn't have the dogleg.

The strange thing is that Virgil told me that they were getting complaints of the slide locking back too early so they made the change.

• 2 weeks later...

So wow um STI has there stuff squared away I guess... I sent it out last week and it got to them on Monday 3/26.

I came home to find a UPS notice on my door Friday 3/30, from STI... hmmmm interesting. So I call UPS and setup to go pick it up today 3/31.

Well I am back from UPS and it seems that they got it all fixed up! They replaced and refit a new Slide Stop, and plunger assembly. They also fixed some disconector drag issues I was having, as well as running some rounds though it.

So like I said WOW! That is the fastest service I have ever had. I setup this M&P, now I will not even need it for a match. It will still be setup for a backup option, and as more of a carry/class/HD gun.

Received a reply to my original E-Mail and they want me to send it in. I just printed my call tag so I will drop it off with UPS sometime tomorrow.

I think this will be better than trying to mess with it, I am sure they will make it right. Hopefully it comes back in time, but I am thinking pretty hard about just adding something else to the mix while I wait.

Sure the wife will love that :P

They must like you!

I own 10 STIs, two of which are Trojans. One Trojan runs, the other will run, if you can get the first one in the chamber. I called a couple of months ago, and they insisted on sending me a magazine, even though I told them I probably have 30+ magazines, of just about every flavor. Of course, the magazine didn't take care of the problem, so I emailed them on 3/5 and requested a call tag to send it in. I happened to be reading my emails on 3/29 when they finally emailed me back, requesting the serial number of the gun in question. I shot them back the serial number within 3 minutes, and haven't heard back. :unsure:

Everybody says what great customer service they get from STI. If this was my only gun, I'd be REALLY upset with the run around I've been getting! :angry2:

Sorry to hear that, I did contact the vendor and they gave me a direct e-mail to use. They may have also contacted them, as I got crazy fast service.

They also do seem to work best on the phone.

I have a STI Trojan in 40 with some of the issues you describe. When I decided to purchase a 1911 in 9mm I opted for a Dan Wesson PM-9 -reliability right out of the box with the very inexpensive Metalform 9mm and 38 Super m agazines wich CDNN was selling for ca $10.

Picked up a new Trojan in 9mm from SC last week,ran flawless with the mag that come's with the gun,[250rds]received the 5 Tripp mags I ordered and I ran another 500 rds thru them, the same results,flawless. Color me a happy camper !!