Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Before I sell the SP01 Shadow

kreativecid

A month or two ago I purchased a DA/SA SP01 Shadow for a Production gun & put in a few goodies from CGW and CZ Customs. DA and SA trigger feels great, gun is comfortable, reliable through the 500 rounds or so. Obvious why this is a popular Production option.

But I shoot my 1911 9mm so much better. I don't want to start a comparison.... but before I sell the Shadow and stick with my 45 for SSTK in USPSA (thanks bikerburgess for edit) and the 9mm for IDPA I had a few questions about converting it to SAO only, if you don't mind.

With the SAO trigger will pre-travel be a lot less? And will reset be a little better? I understand the mechanical differences between a 1911 and CZ trigger, and I understand it's about practice and muscle memory.

I could always get a SAO CZ but since the conversion is easy there's hope of salvaging a great and reliable 9mm for my needs and ability.

Edited by kreativecid

I think you mean Single Stack division in USPSA. also CDP is a IDPA division and 45acp only

now for your question yes the pre-travel will be lots less, I don't know about the reset.

as a single action 9mm in uspsa you will be stuck shooting limited or limited 10 in minor. with mag extensions you should be able to get about 23rd in your mads so you would have a small capacity advantage over the guys shooting 40 in major but probably not enough to make up for the lost points. that said I have shot a minor gun in limited and had lots of fun. and to be fully correct you could also run open either minor or major.

all depends on what you want to do.

Mike

I'd keep the DA/SA. This way you have something to shoot production. Changing the disconnector is all you need (i think) to convert the action, of course swap to the flat SA trigger. It will be closer to the frame at rest, and wont travel too much forward shot to shot.

Thanks. Did some searching and a few have left the disconnector in. The SA trigger is sold out at CZ Customs.

I'd keep the DA/SA. This way you have something to shoot production. Changing the disconnector is all you need (i think) to convert the action, of course swap to the flat SA trigger. It will be closer to the frame at rest, and wont travel too much forward shot to shot.

using the SAO trigger you can set it to have a minimal pretravel, overtravel and without having to deal with the firing pin block lever a really nice short reset.

an SAO CZ is actually quite nice and fun to shoot.