Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doublestar Ars

Iggy42

I have seen Doublestar Ars for sale and various places for under 700 and I was wondering if these guns are any good. I am trying to fund a SD 1911 and a Stag 3G, but I also want an AR that I can beat up a bit since I am new to ARs and what something decent on a budget that I can learn with before dropping the cash for a decicated multi-gun rifle.

I have seen Doublestar Ars for sale and various places for under 700 and I was wondering if these guns are any good. I am trying to fund a SD 1911 and a Stag 3G, but I also want an AR that I can beat up a bit since I am new to ARs and what something decent on a budget that I can learn with before dropping the cash for a decicated multi-gun rifle.

I have two DoubleStar AR's with many rounds through them and no issues at all. They are your standard mil spec carbine, nothing special. I am currently building a 3 gun rifle out of one of them and I wont lose any sleep over worrying about the reliability of it.

I also support them because their factory is about 20 minutes from my house. Seeing as how they are essentially the same rifle as your standard AR from Stag, DPMS, etc. I would rather buy a local product.

Pick one up, you will find they are excellent guns.

I have one with a medium weight barrel and it groups as well or better than my Remington 700 with a 5R barrel. Never a malfunction.

I think one of the reasons they can offer a great rifle for less money is that they dont seem to spend tons on advertising.