Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What basepads to use with DP Ice Magwell on 1911 in .45 ACP?

okieglock83

I run the no-gap Ice with DP basepads and Wilson 47D's. I would suggest ordering the basepads directly from Dawson over the phone. I ordered from another company and when I tried to return it they had a restocking fee.

The Chip McCormick extended basepads fit both McCormick Power and Wilson 47D mags and are long enough to extend past the ICE magwell, but still fit the box (at least on all of my guns) without having to file.

If you use the Wilson Legendary magazines or the Chip McCormick Power magazines, I have 5 brand new, in the packages silver Dawson basepads (#002-024). $9.00 each shipped. I prefer to sell all 5 together.

Pat

• 1 year later...

I picked up a Dawson No-gap for my 45 single stack. Install looks awesome and mag changes are fast and easy (mostly).

The only problem I'm having is with my CMC Power Mags with Dawson basepads. When I reload on a closed slide it is hard to get the mag to fully seat. Would the Wilsons and DP basepads be better? Would the Tripp Cobra mags and basepads be even better? It looks like the Tripp basepad is flared and a little wider, I think this might help get the mag seated...

I picked up a Dawson No-gap for my 45 single stack. Install looks awesome and mag changes are fast and easy (mostly).

The only problem I'm having is with my CMC Power Mags with Dawson basepads. When I reload on a closed slide it is hard to get the mag to fully seat. Would the Wilsons and DP basepads be better? Would the Tripp Cobra mags and basepads be even better? It looks like the Tripp basepad is flared and a little wider, I think this might help get the mag seated...

The mag body on the Wilson ETM's is a tad bit longer and they will seat easier on a closed slide. Dawson makes a corresponding base pad that is a tiny bit shorter than the one for the CMC or 47D's.