Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CS 75 Shadow T- issues

lugnut

Just to inform everyone. I ordered a new mag release for TS. The new mag release will prevent you for over pressing the mag release. There's now a metal in between the slots where you put the spring legs. It's a freakin' good engineering that it's hard to do in 1911. I now like the CZ design better, i'll just loctite that spring screw.

I hope CZ start doing this for extended mag release for CZ 75 as well. Should be a no brainer.

Raymond :cheers:

Just to inform everyone. I ordered a new mag release for TS. The new mag release will prevent you for over pressing the mag release. There's now a metal in between the slots where you put the spring legs. It's a freakin' good engineering that it's hard to do in 1911. I now like the CZ design better, i'll just loctite that spring screw.

I hope CZ start doing this for extended mag release for CZ 75 as well. Should be a no brainer.

Raymond :cheers:

Wow- that's a good way to fix the problem I guess! I filed down my stock extended slide release for now. You had to file it so that there is a tiny air gap between the frame on the outside. I'd hope no one dings me for an "external" modification!!

I checked the CZ USA and custom website. It is available for those CZ 75 that has round mag release button not yet for SP-01 variant. We'll at least my TS problem is now solved. Not yet for my CZ shadow's extended mag release.

Edited by smoothdraw

• 2 months later...

I went to do some IDPA practice yesterday and it looks like the "slide going into battery with a hard "slap" on a slide-lock reload WITHOUT chambering a round is still happening. It happened once in a club match last week as well. Now tomorrow, I have a state match and I'm concerned.

I do have the modified slide release with the shorter tip. My bullets aren't hitting it either. The mags are the Mecgars so I can't get stronger springs that fit. I may have to resort to getting some factory CZ mags to see if they work any better! I may call CZ Custom to see what they say as well.

I hate these kinds of problems!!

Shorten your recoil spring by 2-3 rings and retry ;)

I have a SP-O1 and it never failed to strip a round, bought a 75 and it would fail every other time, SP-01 had a shorter spring in it so I matched it to the 75 no more problems