Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight instalation

Loki999

Hi All,

Finaly i received my tactical rear sight from CZ USA for a CZ Shadow sp-01. Do you replace the rear sight yourselfs or by a gunsmith?

It looks very easy, only one screw. Do you use loctite?

best regards Patrick

usually change out myself

I put my slide in a vise. tape the sight and side of slide to help protect it. Loosen all the set screws.

I use brass rod and a good hammer and strike on the left side and drive out to the right ( habit for me ). It will take a good strike or two to get the sight to move .

then I tap in new sight right to left. I don't use locktite.

I put my slide in a vise. tape the sight and side of slide to help protect it. Loosen all the set screws.

I use brass rod and a good hammer and strike on the left side and drive out to the right ( habit for me ). It will take a good strike or two to get the sight to move .

When you say "right" do you mean the ejection port side?

I had to file the heck out of the bottom of the tactical sight for my 75b. It needs to have clearance under it. They say if it rests on the slide it will crack and break. It was very har to drive in. I filed it a bit also. I am very happy with the sight.

When you say "right" do you mean the ejection port side?

yes...from the rear of the gun.

i changed out the sight last night myself, in a vice. it was not very hard to drive out, and the CZ usa tactical sight fits perfect.

Now i'm going to look for a nice fiber optic from dawson and then the gun is ready. POI is 7 cm too high.