Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eastern/NE Pennsylvania ranges

I have been shooting competitions for several years now, but I have still never found a club or range where I can practice dynamic shooting. Pennsylvania state game land ranges have a very clear set of rules which do not allow for this type of practice. It is always good to stay sharp on fundamentals, but the only competition practice I get is at competitions- I would like more.

Are there any shooters from this area who know of ranges or clubs I can travel to that encourage dynamic practice? I know a lot of law enforcement ranges do this, but I am not a law enforcement officer.

I am located near Scranton, but a drive is not out of the question.

Thank you for the help!

I have still never found a range where I can practice dynamic shooting. Are there any ranges I can travel to that encourage dynamic practice?

Absolut, there's a great club near Scranton that has IPSC matches

once a month - great people.

It's in Factoryville, and Barry

Ruane runs the monthly match - super place to learn - Barry is

a GM and gunsmith, also - he invented off-set open sights:)

Not positive, but I would imagine if you join up with that group,

you'd be able to practice shooting on the move and from the holster?

Jack

Dynamic shooting meaning drawing from a holster, shooting on the move, and transitions between multiple weapons.

I'll have to check out factoryville, too bad they're IPSC my Springfield 5.25 doesn't qualify for production class under their rules, but USPSA qualifies it as production.

I'll have to check out factoryville, too bad they're IPSC

Check with them. Most places in the US that say IPSC are actually USPSA. It's just that they've called it IPSC so long that's what everyone knows it by. Our club is that way (Southern Chester County, Kennet Sq, PA)

too bad they're IPSC my Springfield 5.25 doesn't qualify for production class under their rules, but USPSA qualifies it as production.

Sorry, Absolut, my mistake - I always call USPSA by the wrong name (IPSC)

they're shooting USPSA - your gun should be fine.

Jack

too bad they're IPSC my Springfield 5.25 doesn't qualify for production class under their rules, but USPSA qualifies it as production.

Sorry, Absolut, my mistake - I always call USPSA by the wrong name (IPSC)

they're shooting USPSA - your gun should be fine.

Jack

That's a relief, thanks for the clarification! Even if it was IPSC I own a Springfield Loaded 1911 to run single stack with, but my 5.25" is new and I'd like to practice for 3 gun with it (it's replacing my 1911 in Tac Optics class setup).

The only ruleset I don't dovetail with is IDPA, but I know I'm preaching to the choir for a lot of the shooters here.

Absolut Zero

There are a few more clubs in the Scranton area than just Factoryville.

I shoot monthly USPSA there as well as IDPA.

Check out the web-site www.nepaidpascores.net

It has a list of ranges in the area or within a reasonable drive of Scranton,you can map them out and then contact them about membership.

The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton club in Hunlock Creek has open membership but they do look for a bit of a committment to support the club, Factoryville does not. Blue Ridge Cherry Valley is a short drive but I am unfamiliar with their membership requirements.

Both WB/Scranton and BRCV hold IDPA monthly matches, unfortunately no USPSA though.

Peter

Dynamic shooting meaning drawing from a holster, shooting on the move, and transitions between multiple weapons.

I'll have to check out factoryville, too bad they're IPSC my Springfield 5.25 doesn't qualify for production class under their rules, but USPSA qualifies it as production.

They are a USPSA club.

It is a private club and they may have rules regarding waht you can or cannot do outside the confines of a USPSA oe IDPA match.