Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New In Alabama

beachcop

Hello everyone!!! The wife seems to have found a new hobby in shooting ladies matches. Just got her new Glock 35, and she has started shooting a bit. I've only been reloading for a year for just rifle calibers, but I do have new .40cal dies on the way. Looks like she will be shooting "Production Class", and was looking for some idea's for some "Minor" loads with 180grn Montana JHP/ with Power Pistol from Alliant. I've been in Law Enforcement for about 17 years, and it looks like I'm going to have to "tighten up" now (lol) since I have a new shooter in the house! I heard about this forum about a week ago, and looks to be very informative. Looking forward to some good quality shooting time with the wife and her new hobby. And of course........Roll Tide!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Come on and play with us at East Alabama Gun Club we are in Phenix City .

Uspsa on 3 rd Sunday

Idpa 2nd sat

Sass on 1 st sat

And the best for last

Steel match 4 sat

Good shooting

Jason Hammett

Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a retired cop, 40 + years, just retired last year.

We are thinking about moving to the Monroeville Alabama area in about a year.

But, it will be "Go Gators", sorry.

The load I've used for 40 minor is WST 3.8 grains behind a Zero 200 fmj bullet

loaded to 1.145. Someone else will have to help with the 180 jhp minor load.

Its cool though that you and your wife are shooting together. Good luck.

Ron

Thank's for the invite!. We are located in Gulf Shores,Al on the beach. The wife said she would like to get used to shooting a bit more before we travel. We do have family land and other ranges to get her courses set up. Sounds like I may have to join her in shooting alot besides just at my job! May be looking at the new Springfield Armory XDM 5.25 for myself........ The wife might swipe that one from me from what I hear on the reviews!

Ken,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a retired cop, 40 + years, just retired last year.

We are thinking about moving to the Monroeville Alabama area in about a year.

But, it will be "Go Gators", sorry.

The load I've used for 40 minor is WST 3.8 grains behind a Zero 200 fmj bullet

loaded to 1.145. Someone else will have to help with the 180 jhp minor load.

Its cool though that you and your wife are shooting together. Good luck.

Ron

Sounds like a plan!!!!! Counting my day's....but it's a long way off. Thanks for the info!!

Welcome to the forum. You would be welcome at my club, Mobile Pistol Shooters Association. We shoot USPSA matches on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. Your first match with us is free. You can find directions to the range at MPSA.US

Hurley

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed talking to you the other day, and you'll find this forum invaluable for your new hobby.

Thanks Greg..... In reference to the "25 cent" trigger job you mentioned, will that help with the trigger pull weight, and make it smoother? Just nervous about doing that kind of work to my own gun and not messing it up!