Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest & Safariland 012 Holster

Dalmas

I just got my SVI back from tuning ( :D:D:D ) Since it's standard legal I have added a thumb rest but now I can't get it to fit the holster. :wacko::o

Gun- SVI full duster - thumb rest screwed to frame.

Holster - Safariland Levitation 012 (left)

Anybody have any tips on how I get the holster to work before I destroy in my attempts to get it to work.. I have no time in getting a new holster because I have a level III match in Sweden this weekend so I'm a bit short of time..

Hi Dalmas,

is the Safariland 012 Holster for lefties a mirror version of the right hand model - that means is the attachment of the nose piece on your holster on the left side of the holster or on the right side? Because on the right hand versions the thumb rest or even some scope mounts interfere with the left side of the holster body where the attachment for the adjustable nose piece is located. The only thing one could do to solve this problem is to mill (or file) the holster body and shorten the aluminium bar of the nose piece.

Could you probably post a picture of your gun with the thumb rest and your holster just for clarification?

The other possible problem (if the left hand version is only a converted right hand one) could be that the thumb rest interferes with the belt attachment. All you have to do then is to add somekind of spacer (washer) in order to increase the distance between the holster body and the belt hangar.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Best regards,

Marijan

Yikes...kinda short on time to be going into a LIII with a new part???

Yeah I know big panic, my gun was supposed to be back long ago.. I have put the dremel on the 012 and it's possible.. but when I'm done it will not be a Safariland 012 anymore.. it will be a Dalmas Custom 012.5.. :D

I'm the master of good prepartion :wacko: .. last LvIII i had a fibre optic front sight put in the night before.... I finished 3rd.

I use a 012 for my SC gun and it has a thumb rest. I had to do some major modification to make it fit. And I mean MAJOR. I had to cut a big hunk out of the side.

I'll send a pic if you like.