Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A close friend of mine will be going to the 2005 Shot Show in Vegas. It will be his first trip to the States and if possible he'd like to visit the IPSC Mecca while he's in the region.

Since he's the one that got me into the sport and let me borrow his back-up SVI for 3 years before I finally bought it, I promised to investigate if and how a visit to the Mecca of IPSC would be possible?

Is it possible and if so how would it best be done? An idea could be to show up for Tuesday night steel?

Tuesday Night Steel is a must. 4 stages and you're done in an hour!

Too (and verify schedule), but you can shoot Wednesday night indoor at Shooter's World (the Toys 'R' Us for shooting). Thursday is up at Ben Avery in North Phoenix. Friday visit Dillon and Scottsdale Gun Club. Saturday and/or Sunday there are matches either at Rio, Phoenix Gun Club or Ben Avery.

Have fun!

Rich

Just as a side note:

Tuesday Night Steel requires all new shooter attend a safety class that starts at 6pm prior to shooting the match.

It is possible to shoot two - three times at Tuesday Night Steel. Either changing guns or moving to a fun gun category.

You might want check their website out and send an email to the match director.

Gary, Mick, Troy et. al., run a great match!

It sound like it's possible, I'll write an e-mail to each of the ranges and see what they say. I was i Mesa 3 years ago, before I knew what IPSC was.. damn only if I had known..

What about gun - travelling internationally with guns is a b.i.t.c.h. is there any possibility to rent a gun at those ranges?

This forum rocks - thax for the info.

I shot there in 2003. It is awesome, I went in June and it was a little warm :o

You will need an invite to a shoot and then apply to the US State Dept (Form 6 required) and off you go. You will have a blast.

Also visit McMillan Rifle and Stocks about 1/2hr from Dillon.

Wahmaker clothing if you are into Cowboy.