Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SS Gun and Rig

CMV

So I decided that rather than shooting Limited this season with a smattering of Production thrown in, I would shoot Limited with a smattering of SS. To that end, I picked up a new Trojan from Shooters Connection.

Finally got the SS rig completely set up last night as well as the gun, except for some trigger work which I will get done here shortly.

The pistol is a .40 Trojan which came from STI (again via Shooters Connection) Hard Chromed, with Ambi Saftey and a F/O front sight. I then:

Pinned the grip safety

Replaced the stock trigger with an SVI

Added a D/T mag release and and old school Shooters Connection mag button

put on some VZ Operator II grips

and a Dawson SS Ice magwell.

I am running Wilson 47 DE mags (thank you Bobby Keigans for that tip)

CR Speed mag pouches (6) with Power Factor Shooting's awesome SS spacers

and a Bladetech holster.

I took it to the range this past Monday and was shooting one ragged hole 5 shot groups at 15 yards using the 180 CMJ pulled bullets I have been getting from Power Factor Shooting.

I know .40 1911's can be finicky so I was a little worried about getting it to run 100%. Hopefully this won't jinx me but I have put about 300 rounds through it with out the first hiccup!

post-11825-0-50718300-1330682504_thumb.j

post-11825-0-10798600-1330682628_thumb.j

Edited by CMV

That is one sexy gun.

I clicked on the pictures, stare at the gun, minimize, reread the spec's in post, open the pic's again, and again, and again.

Lets us know how things progress as you use it in competition.

Thanks Fellas.

I have never had a HC'd gun before. Now I am thinking about sending my 6" Limited gun out to Metaloy for chroming. Much easier to clean and maintain in addition to the good looks!

I am up around 500 rounds through her without a hiccup yet...lets hope she runs that good at tomorrows Classifier Match down at BGSL.

• 1 month later...