Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Central Serous Retinopathy

shooterbenedetto

Was diagnosed with this couple of months back, has not settled out yet and doc wants me to consider laser

tratment but could damage the left eye. This sucks coz my left eye is farsighted. blurred and I cant see ?#$3 at night.

It definitely slowed down my shooting specially at World Shoot..but wanted to just go with it. Hope this settles

out soon if ever? im considering not to go with laser treatment if it damamges my eye even more. Aanyone else has this?

First off I'm sorry to hear of you situation. As you probably know, Central Serous Retinopathy affects mostly men and can be related to type A personalities. I assume you fall into these categories. After 4 months some will consider photocoagulation(laser). Where is the blank area in your vision? If it is very central the laser may not be the best. An alternative would be the use of Visudyne. This is a chemical that is activated by light to stop the leakage. The outcome for CSR is usually very good and can take 6-12 months to resolve. Much more info would be needed to make a treatment decision. Is the area starting to resolve or is it static? Where is it in relationship to the fovea(center of the retina)? Please just use this as information and not as medical advise. Good luck. :cheers:

Edited by Youngeyes