Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger jobs on sig 1911 .45

Mikethor

I have a sig 1911 TACOPS and the trigger is not nice. Has anybody done any trigger work on these 1911 sigs ? I want to lighten the trigger pull and also look at any skeleton trigger replacement options. ideally get the trigger pull down around the 3.5 lb mark.

Cheers

I had mine worked on by David Cupp at STI in Georgetown. It's came back like God touched it with his left hand. David also installed Ed Brown jumbo ambi safetys for me. He cleaned it up and lightened and most importantly for me shortened the reset. All factory internals except of the bigger safetys.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks that instils great hope, have ordered the 10-8 .156 rear sight from Brownells and have blacked out the rear sights in the interim as well.

These are great pistols just need a few tweaks.

Well 10-8 rear sight was a no go for shipping to NZ. Pistol is currently at gunsmith having the following done; Bomar style adjustable rear sight (off STI),SPS fibre optic front sight, trigger job including reduction of trigger pull to close to 2.5 lbs, installation of EGW Extended trigger, and I will put the new VZ Operator II grips on once they arrive from US. Cannot wait to try the difference. The current Ergo grips are very thin and I have large hands plus the extended trigger will help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well spoke to the shop owner and the Gun Smith has completed all work. He wants to just test it this weekend before he sends it back to me. Will have it back next week and will post some pics then. This Sig will rock !

The Sig is back! Here are some pics of the renewed TACOPS. Trigger now is set at 2lb and 4 oz, new EGW E trigger, SPS fibre optic front sight, Wilson Bomar style adjustable rear sight etc etc. Have ordered some Larry Davidson Punisher Grenade grips after much thought. Have yet to shoot it and will need to be careful with the new trigger or will be a DQ!

untitled.bmp

untitled sig.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

Well have put 200 rds through since the work has been completed, well work is not an accurate description - more like transformation this sig is fantastic and accurate as hell it is honestly like a new pistol. the sights area massive improvement over the combat night sights it had and the trigger is light at 2 lb 4oz but not so light that you will get into trouble. The Extended E Trigger helps but the thicker grips which should arrive in a couple of weeks will finish off and really help with that trigger finger placement :cheers: This is one pistol that I will not sell!

THanks for the updates! I think a kitten gets saved from death everytime a 1911 gets a better trigger :-)

Keep up posted with the grips..

Edited by -JQ-

• 1 month later...

Well time for an update - went out and did some slow fire accuracy work in the weekend and my best group of three shots at 25 yards freestyle was a sub 1.5 inch group, damn this thing is accurate I just wish I always shot like that! :cheers:

All in all the money spent was well worth it even if it did go back to the gun smith once after going full auto but no issues at all now, would have i bought one if I lived in the USA after spending all the money on it ? No I would have got a les Baer boss or something similar but we are limited for choice over here and I'm happy with what I now have and those Punisher grips are cool.