Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WE G17 Airsoft

KungFuNerd

Got it today.

Ordered from Airsplat and got one extra mag.

EDIT

Just noticed Black Tape on the side of the Slide covering up a very 'glock looking' G17 Logo :)

The weight and balance were surprisingly good (close to a real G17)

Sights are standard Glock U rear and Dot front.

Rear sight looks like a Dovetail but won't mess with that until I confirm the gun is solid.

Will also check to see if Front sight is removable.

Unfortunately, it is Railed.

Won't fit the standard Comptac holster.

It does fit my IWB ShieldedHolsters though.

SHOULD fit the Comptac Railed Glock 17 but I don't have one.

It has the Gen 3 thumb holes.

The Trigger and Slide spring are of course Light.

Out of the box mine shoots low. Muzzle covers Point of Impact at 20 feet.

Keeps good enough groups for drills.

Going to look into hopper adjustment.

It goes to Slide Lock.

Seating a mag is very light as well as the Slide release.

The Layout is accurate.

It has a fake double trigger but not distracting.

I'm having trouble with mine where sometimes I could only get two shots before running out of Gas.

Airsplat advised that I spray inside with Silicone and let it sit a few hours.

Seems to be working.

When it stabilizes I will report round count per charge.

I'll be surprised if it is much more than one mag per charge.

Edited by KungFuNerd

I'm having trouble with mine where sometimes I could only get two shots before running out of Gas.

Airsplat advised that I spray inside with Silicone and let it sit a few hours.

Seems to be working.

When you say "spray inside with Silicon", are you putting the oil into the magazine or are you spraying the seals on top of the mag?

Look forward to further reports.

Thanks.

Bill

Adjusting the hopup should allow you to change the low hits. It's more than likely a little lever on the side of where the chamber would be on a real barrel. As for the gun only shootIng two rounds. Was this after extended firing? The mags get really cold as the gas expands and the mags will freeze up and the gasket at the top of the mag will stiffen up and cause the gun not to run. Be sure to use green gas since it has silicone in it to keep the gun lube up. You can get an adapter to run the gun on propane but that will cause you to need to lube. It will also make the gun at higher pressures and might be bad for the gun.

Sorry I used to play some air soft at an indoor arena. You should see my mp5k run. 22.5 rounds a second will light people up real quick when they are running a bone stock gun. Anything I put the little red dot on got hit.

One detail I left out.

Trigger Reset is pretty short.

Airsplat told me to Field Strip and spray all the moving parts and gaskets with Silicone and let it sit.

It did fix everything.

Slow Fire you can get through two or three mags with a Charge.

A Mag holds 20-24 depending upon if you get them loaded right (doublestack).

I turned the Hopup (Wheel on the bottom of the Barrel) I THINK up.

Fired 100 shots at a 3" Target from 20' freestyle.

It punched out a 2" diameter hole that centered 1" to the Left and 1" Down.

I have been known to shoot low and left but I think at least 50% of it is the gun.

Will try to adjust more and see.

Shot it outside at longer range.

You can plink Beer cans from 45'.

It still tends to go low and left.

Still drifting the rear sight but it doesn't want to move much

The Trigger Reset is actually very close to my Glock

The pull however is very light.

Feels a bit like when you do the "trigger reset trick" blocking the Slide out of battery with cardboard so you can do multiple Dryfire trigger pulls.

There is an easily accessible spring that I removed about five coils from and tightened up the trigger.

Edited by KungFuNerd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just bought a WE17 from Evike, and the slide is cracked. I didn't really look it over closely until after I had racked it a couple of times and dry fired it. But there is a crack through the slide running from the right forward portion of the "ejection" port forward about a 1/4" inch. I sent a message to Evike's RMA service but wanted to see what people had to say here.

Does anyone know if there is a bare replacement slide? I know I can get another complete slide for $50, but I was hoping for something cheaper. Never dealt with their RMA process, so I'm not sure if I will be on the hook for shipping both ways. If so not sure how worth it will be. Or if I can shoot it as is. I don't have the propane adapter in yet so it will be a few days before I get to shoot it either way.

To top it all off it doesn't want to fit into my Bladetek G34 hoster, nor my DAA holster. I'm not sure how beneficial this will be. It seemed like it was the closest to the real thing but the slide is too wide to fit in the Bladetek. I'm not quite sure why it won't fit in the DAA but I'm sure I could sit down with a calipers and sandpaper and make the trigger gaurd match my G34.

post-28213-0-61234400-1342673328_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new slide back from Evike. I would have liked a prepaid return shipping label, but they did refund the shipping so it worked out in the end.

I also got it to fit the DAA with a little sanding on the trigger guard. Still a no go for the Bladetek.

Does anyone know where you can get a cmore mount for the airsoft Glocks?

• 3 months later...