Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sig Scorpion

West Texas Granny

I just got the Scorpion 45 carry. Only have a couple of hundred rounds of 230 fmj ball ammo thru it, but it is absolutely flawless so far. Mags work and feed perfect. Very accurate and handles well. Good smooth trigger pulls about 5.5#. Very tight in fit and finish. Love the cerakote color. Only very minor complaint is the Hogue G10 grips are rough. I am thinking they will wear the sharpness off after a few more rounds. I looked hard at the full size, but got the smaller Commander size so I can carry it. I will probably shoot this one in IDPA, USPSA, and some 3-gun matches. Not alot of holsters available other than some custon expensive ones. Found a leather one thru a company called Falco. Blade Tech said they can make one, but will take about a month. Not sure what others will fit because of the rail.

gerritm

Shot my new Sig Scorpion Carry in a 2-G match Sunday. First time shooting a .45 -- 1911 in a match. Got to tell it was one of the best shooting smoothest and fastest stock guns I have ever shot. Trigger was excellent. All of the mags worked perfect including the stock mags, Chip McCormick's, and Wilson Combat 10 rounders. Very accurate and easy to point. Love it and will shoot it more in matches.

gerritm

I just got the Scorpion 45 carry. Only have a couple of hundred rounds of 230 fmj ball ammo thru it, but it is absolutely flawless so far. Mags work and feed perfect. Very accurate and handles well. Good smooth trigger pulls about 5.5#. Very tight in fit and finish. Love the cerakote color. Only very minor complaint is the Hogue G10 grips are rough. I am thinking they will wear the sharpness off after a few more rounds. I looked hard at the full size, but got the smaller Commander size so I can carry it. I will probably shoot this one in IDPA, USPSA, and some 3-gun matches. Not alot of holsters available other than some custon expensive ones. Found a leather one thru a company called Falco. Blade Tech said they can make one, but will take about a month. Not sure what others will fit because of the rail.

gerritm

Hogue G-10 grips can be softened by lightly sanding with very, very fine sandpaper in the textured portion of the grip panel. Many people who have G-10s on their carry weapons will sand the roughness down on the side exposed to skin to avoid irritation.