Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pickaway County (Ohio) USPSA

• 1 month later...

The word going around at the April Multi-Gun match was that USPSA was up in the air for the rest of the year at Pickaway, and that the muti-gun matches might be moved to the day after the IDPA matches. Anyone got an update on that?

The word going around at the April Multi-Gun match was that USPSA was up in the air for the rest of the year at Pickaway, and that the muti-gun matches might be moved to the day after the IDPA matches. Anyone got an update on that?

Any reasoning behind this? I was under the impression that it was pretty popular.

Any reasoning behind this? I was under the impression that it was pretty popular.

Lets not let the rumor mill get churning too much. :)

It should be fairly well known that the current Match Director for the USPSA pistol matches is looking for somebody else to take over as Match Director. He has done the work for half a decade and he is also on the club's Board of Directors. We where going to see a new MD this year, but the person that stepped up took a new job in WV and can't take over now.

I am not sure on Multi Gun. The Multi Gun MD did say that running the match after the IDPA match worked out for them this last time (they ran it there for a scheduling reason). Whether they switch up and continue to run after the IDPA match...? I don't know about that.

Lets not let the rumor mill get churning too much. :)

I'm not trying to start any rumors Kyle. The Multi-Gun Match Director brought it up in shooters meeting less than two weeks ago in front of 60 other shooters. Just looking for an update was all..

The multi-gun MD and I looked at the club schedule for June and there is another event on the Sunday after the IDPA match. So we can't change at this point. Multi-gun will be the Sunday after USPSA.

There are pros and cons to following either match. USPSA uses more props and steel, so there is less to drag out for multi-gun set-up. The majority of those willing to set-up for multi-gun after the USPSA match are IDPA shooters. Some of whom don't shoot the USPSA match, just show up and do a lot of hard work.

Multi-gun will survive at PCSI whether it follows IDPA or USPSA or neither.