Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aurora Classifier match

38supPat

Pat> In the first video its hard to put things in distance perspective so its hard to gauge if the shooting speed is too deliberate or not. On the second stage run where it looks like you are running classifier "Raw Deal", if the targets are set at the same distance as defined in the USPSA Classifier WSB then you are shooting too slow. I have shot the Raw Deal classifier a few times and can usually unload the lead pretty quickly and still maintain solid hits.

On the other side of the coin, at your point in the game I think you need to focus on optimizing movement, not shooting. If you can get solid hits with your shooting speed then it should be fast enough, but your movement and mechanics needs to be that much more faster. I have listed a good example of this below. His shooting speed is at about the same deliberate pace as yours but his draw and reload mechanics are faster than yours netting him about half a second advantage over your run. To equal his time you either need to draw and reload faster, or keep the same draw and reload speed but shoot faster. I would think that with an open gun you would be able to shoot this drill way faster than you currently are.

Looking at the CLC-41 classifier is essentially a copy of the USPSA classifier 99-33 called "Raw Deal" with regards to target location, distances, and stage procedure. The only difference is that the IPSC version uses IPSC targets and its Comstock scoring. With the IPSC version being Comstock you could get away with shooting it even faster knowing that you can perform make up shots when shooting fast on the edge.

I wasn't really "on" at that match, I did shoot the whole thing pretty deliberate, I think I was slow on every classifier. I have shot Raw Deal in the past and ran it 5.5 down 3. The IPSC targets make it a bit tougher and extra shots kills your time anyways, the only fast way to shoot a classifier is to do it in the minimum number of shots.

Just checked my previous records on those stages and I was anywhere from 10 to 30% off my previous best on each one. Just chalk it up to a bad day.