Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which gun would you prefer

johoevasmatrix

For what purpose? Defense, Duty, Zombies, 3 gun... They shoot about the same. For me I like the ergonomics of the Hk45 a touch better in the grip, but that's a personal choice. The Tactical is cool if you want to add a suppressor. Honestly, with that said I'd would go with the FN 45 now. It's a few hundred cheaper and just a good, to some maybe better. Again all down to what you like. HK's are good and if you like the way they feel in your hand and have the extra cash both are great.

Hmm, well I if I had to pick only one it would be the HK45. I like the overall balance, sights and grip better. They shoot almost identical, both are accurate and the recoil is about the same. The HK45 has ambi slide release, so I guess I could give that another point. The grips do feel different so give them both a feel to see which one matches your hand better.

I have a tact 45 but I have been flirting with turning it in for the hk45. Up until this past week I was also gonna pick up a hk45c what I'm diss appointed in with the compact because the grip is not the same as the std. Just trying to figure what people like and dislike. I know as well as everyone that it comes down to personal preference.

I havent shot the tactical USP, but have shot the full size USP and currently own the HK45 and use it in IDPA/USPSA matchs. Personally I would go with the HK45. Its not that the USP was a bad gun or pointed poorly, its more a case of the HK45 feeling that much better and pointing way easier then the USP. Just my opinion though, about the only knock against the HK45 is there are almost no after market items for it. The USP has some available, so if your looking for site upgrade, magwell funnels etc you will probably be better served with the USP. In all honesty you cant go wrong with either of them.

Another vote for the HK45. Shot a full size USP awhile back and the grip was too blocky. Hard for me to say that because I primarily shoot Glocks. The grip is what sold me to get the HK45. I wish I tried the HK45c, some people like that grip better. Pointability is about the same for me, bore-axis might be a tad higher on the HK45 but to be honest, don't recall the bore-axis of the USP in my hand. You can always get both. I'm thinking about the USP compact tactical in the Classifieds section but always wanted a CZ for variety.