Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo Shooters @ SC

I know that JFlowers says that he is planning on shooting revolver at the upcoming USPSA SC sectional match, but are there any others?I hate to plunk down $115 - $140 dollars and not have a chance at the table.

Steve

I think if you send Linda an e-mail she may can help you with a head count--that is time permitting..

Well, James Flowers won't be at the SC Sectional. My company has offered me an opportunity to work in Zurich so I will be out of the country if this all works out. Gonna kill my shooting for 2012, but that's life.

However, if the Zurich contract does not pan out, I will be there. I have already talked to Linda about a spot for me.

Steve, Do I still owe you a bag of GAP brass?

Edited by JFlowers

So people choose to enter these events based off of their chances of winning a prize?

You aren't doing it for the pure enjoyment factor I guess?

For the most part, I enter for the competition, comraderee, and the chance to learn and possibly share what I have learned. It is hard to learn when there is not another revo shooter around, nor as much fun. And if you are not a revo shooter it is hard to understand what it takes to preform well. If I pay the same fees as any other division walking the prize table is usaually the only recognition we could expect. I shot the last Nationals in Tulsa and was squaded with all Auto shooters. The shooting was fun and the other competitiors were good people, but not a chance to learn and when I did do well on a stage I could not tell if it was good or not. It is a fun thing. It is sort of hard to explain. later rd

Edited by Bubber

I don't like being the only guy there.....I typically won't shoot unless there are several revo shooters, even when we have a prize table it doesn't have anything worth getting. I do it to shoot with my friends.

So people choose to enter these events based off of their chances of winning a prize?

You aren't doing it for the pure enjoyment factor I guess?

Shooting in itself is pure enjoyement. I just don't see the value in shooting a match with twice the number of stages for five or six times the cost if I am the only one out there with my revolver. Why not just shoot a local match or hang out my club and shoot? Same thing, without forking over a couple of hundred. It is always fun to beat a few bottom feeders, but I like to shoot with other revolver shooters and watch them shoot. That to me is one of the draws of shooting a larger state or regional match.

James, nice gig in Zurich. I'm green with envy. Are you going to Spartanburg this weekend?

While I would really like to make this match, it falls on the same weekend that the US Fencing Nationals Qualifier is being held in North Carolina. :sight: I'll be competing on Saturday and Sunday in the nationals qualifier (trying to qualify for 5 events at Nationals), and don't have it in me to participate in the fencing events and the SC Sectional in the same weekend.

Maybe next year.... :)

Well, life has changed. Looks like Zurich is postponed indefinitely. So I have a choice between a contract in Charlotte (home, can actually dryfire every night) or Charleston (drive, take gear, dryfire every night).

Ergo, SC Sectional here I come.