Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good shot - Little hassel?

I would like to tap into this enormous amout of info floating around here... :P

IPSC is beeing revived here in Namibia (just north of South Africa) and we'll be hopejully hosting our first - in a very long time - small international match.

I woul realy like some sugestions/samples of good CoF's that require very little wrt stage props etc - still a bit short on funds....

I'm looking at ±8 stages, ±150 rounds just to get started. Been doing the CoF designes here for about 4 years now - this will help to show if I'm on track...... :blink:

Bit of a drift which goes with the above: how does one motivate people to help build and break down????????? :wacko:

Tnx

Most of the bigger matches here in the US appoint a set-up crew. They give incentives to the crew like a free entry to the match or cash for the job. This seems to work very well. Hope this helps. :)

thanx for the tip, just got the other prob as well - not that many IPSC shooters here - total of ±25 active (we're up over 300% in 18 months!!!!!!).

Thought of assigning stages to teams - get it done by shooting day or don't shoot!

thanx

been using maass as samples for some time now and "steal" ideas from various current shoots - seems to keep the locals happy.....

will cont in the quest for the perfect shoot/stage - perfect challange, easy to set up, all the mods and cons, nobody full score and everybody with a smile on their face while keeping with all rules and safety......... :wacko::D:blink:<_<

• 4 weeks later...
Bit of a drift which goes with the above: how does one motivate people to help build and  break down????????? :wacko:

easy way is give them the brass if its a lost brass match....discount the shooters entry fee if he helps set up/ tear down....

this one may be a little treacherous, but you could just not give anyone their scores(or prizes hehehehe) untill the stages are torn down.

38 super brass tends to motivate people the best....

You can throw a couple of ICS classifiers in there too, short, medium and long courses are available along with scoresheets on www.ipsc.org.

I have no idea how to get people motivated to help. We operate on a slightly larger scale, but not much and most of our matches are the work of just a handful of enthusiasts usually from the host club. look after those guys if you find them!

Good luck, P.D.