Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first major...

firemantj

Had a hell of a time at my first major, The 2012 IDPA Triple Crown I. My jaw dropped when Toni stated there were 31 movers in the match during the briefing. It dropped even further when we walked through the first stage (Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...). I shot the first stage of the day (Stage 5 in the video below) very bad. Then I made myself realize that I was there for the experience, not the trophies. And I had a BLAST after that.

Here's a quick video I put together from a Flip Camera and a Contour HD mounted on the bill of my hat.

WARNING: Loud Music lies ahead...

Oh, and I walked away with a trophy. :D

Had a hell of a time at my first major, The 2012 IDPA Triple Crown I. My jaw dropped when Toni stated there were 31 movers in the match during the briefing. It dropped even further when we walked through the first stage (Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...). I shot the first stage of the day (Stage 5 in the video below) very bad. Then I made myself realize that I was there for the experience, not the trophies. And I had a BLAST after that.

Here's a quick video I put together from a Flip Camera and a Contour HD mounted on the bill of my hat.

WARNING: Loud Music lies ahead...

Oh, and I walked away with a trophy. :D

Is that a hookah on stage 4? I thought that would go against the general principles...

:D

Nice video, BTW.

And it looks like someone got a freebie at 1:48-1:50.

Reference to "round dumping?"

It's video, so that can be a little misleading, but it looked like a finger in the trigger guard while reloading.

Oh wow, I feel like an idiot now...

Thanks for pointing it out though. I have no clue what kind of mental screw up happened during that reload. Maybe it was first stage jitters. It won't happen again though.

ETA: Second Paragraph.

Edited by firemantj

Reference to "round dumping?"

It's video, so that can be a little misleading, but it looked like a finger in the trigger guard while reloading.

Huh? I must have noticed something else then.