Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading cost comparison spreadsheet

ctay

A few thoughts.

Was haz mat fee included? Shipping? Taxes? Insurance?

I don't see the value of your time indicated anywhere.

I dont see any amortization of equipment needed fo reload.

I don't see any cost associated with the space you have set aside to reload.

I don't see any Equipment maintance costs or other expendables included.

Without all of the above included in your calculation of costs you cannot come anywhere near a true cost per round when reloading.

You may change the spreadsheet however you choose to accommodate your needs. For my purposes I am comparing the cost of reloading two different types of ammunition. All the items you reference will be present regardless of which caliber I am reloading at the time - therefore they do not apply to this evaluation.

If my goal were to calculate the actual cost of reloading I may wish to include the items you mention as well as the electricity cost of the lights, the opportunity cost of using my time to reload when I could be inventing the next ipod, etc etc. There is a vast ocean of extraneous costs that could be included.

I feel the tool I provided is adequate for the vast majority of reloader's to gauge the relative cost of reloading two different types of ammunition. Please feel free to improve it if you do not.

:sight: I can feel it coming. Lets focus on what is really important here, the best round for USPSA Open is clearly the 50AE. Period. Flat, Soft, Quiet, and Cheap. Plus you get to shoot a Desert Eagle, which quite possibly is the most gangstarest thing you can do.

Especially if you shoot it sideways...

menace-movie-poster.jpg

:sight: I can feel it coming. Lets focus on what is really important here, the best round for USPSA Open is clearly the 50AE. Period. Flat, Soft, Quiet, and Cheap. Plus you get to shoot a Desert Eagle, which quite possibly is the most gangstarest thing you can do.

Well I've always had a preference for 44 Mag or it's baby brother the 41 Mag.