Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

June question?

slavex

Unless I am blind there isn't a question for June yet, if it's ok I have one, if not simply ignore this question.

In the movie Kill Bill Volume 2, Uma Thurman's character's daughter is watching a movie with Bill (Carradine), the movie is obviously the cut up and re-edited classic Samurai revenge movie ___________. SO the question is, what are the names of the original 6 movies the cut up movie is from? If by Thursday I don't see any answers I'll post some hints.

hmmm I didn't think this would be so hard.

So lets see, first hint.

The main character is a Ronin, and spends the entire 6 movies making his revenge on the people who set him up. Elements from this movie were used in 3 of the characters in the movie, Big Trouble in Little China.

that's all for now.

Is it permissable to say Sword of Vengence I-VI or the Lone Wolf and Cub series or do we need to name each individual movie. If you want each individual movie which name do you want the Lone wolf and cub name or the actual Japanese title? I think the lone wolf and cub names are : sword of vengence; Baby cart at the river styx; baby cart to Hades; In Peril; Land of Demons; Go to Hell,Daigoro. If I'm on the wrong track, sorry for wasting you time. If I'm right or close, cool.

Chris

close, but not completely correct! In keeping with the spirit of other questions, I won't tell you what's right or wrong. But I have the 6 movies sitting here beside my computer so it'll be easy for me to let you know when you get it right.

Kozure Ôkami: Jigoku e ikuzo! Daigoro (1974) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Baby Cart 6: Go to Hell, Daigoro! (1974)

... aka Jigoku e ikuzo! Daigoro (1974) (Japan: short title)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell (1974)

... aka Sword of Vengeance VI (1974)

Kozure Ôkami: Meifumando (1973) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Baby Cart in the Land of Demons (1973)

... aka Crossroads to Hell (1973) (literal English title)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Land of Demons (1973)

... aka Sword of Vengeance V (1973)

Kozure Ôkami: Oya no kokoro ko no kokoro (1972) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Baby Cart in Peril (1972)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: In Peril (1972)

... aka Sword of Vengeance IV (1972)

Kozure Ôkami: Shinikazeni mukau ubaguruma (1972) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Baby Cart in Hades (1972)

... aka Lightning Swords of Death (1974) (USA: new title)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades (1973) (USA)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Perambulator Against the Winds of Death (1972) (literal English title)

... aka Lupine Wolf (1988) (USA: video title)

... aka Sword of Vengeance, Part III (1972)

Kozure Ôkami: Sanzu no kawa no ubaguruma (1972) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx (1997) (USA)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Perambulator of the River of Sanzu (1972) (literal English title)

... aka Sword of Vengeance, Part II (1972)

Kozure Ôkami: Kowokashi udekashi tsukamatsuru (1972) .... Ogami Itto

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Child and Expertise for Rent (1972) (literal English title)

... aka Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance (1973) (USA)

... aka Sword of Vengeance I (1972)

ooooh well done! I was looking for White Heaven in Hell instead of Go To Hell Daigoro.

I take it you are a fan? Have you read the comic series? I was rather excited when Dark Horse redid the entire series so that I could finally see how it ended.

Oh and the bastardized re-edit was occasionally called, Shogun Assassin, and the new butchered story line had you believe that the Shogun sent the ninja to kill Itto, it was a lame version of a truly classic piece of Japanese film.

I have a friend who is a fan. After we saw KB2 he said I have those movies. He as well as the movies are Japanese so I just watch for the action and he explains the rest. Pretty cool to watch though. Had to look them up to get the exact name you were looking for. Haven't seen Shogun Assassin though. Good trivia question.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I am very impressed by the detail in that answer. Watching KB2 I knew right away by what the narrator said, that it was the butchered version of the 6 movies.

If you liked the original 6 flicks you should hunt down the 30 or so comics that Darkhorse just re-ran. absolutely amazing stuff. I had collected LW&C a long time ago, but the company putting them out in North America folded and I was stuck at issue 21 or something. Dark Horse finally picked up the rights and published 30 (I think) volumes that each contained 3 or 4 issues. I finally got to see the end of the story.