Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMV

CMV

I figure its way past time to start one of these. I am hoping to use this thread to document my shooting and am looking for feedback. Be brutally honest...I only have one feeling and you a'int gonna hurt it!

Currently I am:

6'2" and 245 lbs. I have lost 15 lbs since December and my weight goal is 220-225 range. I am a pretty big person and don't really care what I weigh, just want to improve my overall fitness and agility in an effort to improve my shooting at the same time.

As far as shooting goes, I am at almost 82% in Limited. My goal is to make GM.

Again, please, if you see something...tell me. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO OFFEND ME...well it's possible I guess but you would have to work really hard at it.

This evening and tomorrow I am going to redesign my dry fire area. It is a little cluttered in the basement and not conducive to including movement in my sessions.

Colin, NICE! Glad to hear it. Let's mix it up and Dry fire together occasionally? GK has a basement setup at his office where we can dry fire after work with some pretty good distance and movement. I've also created a pretty good setup in my basement that includes a swinger. Best of luck. You will get there.

Read Lanny's book if you haven't already. It will go a long way towards helping you make your goal.

Man, you too? Well ok, if all the guys I shoot with are going to ramp things up, guess so will I. Good luck man. I'm hoping fer B this year.

You can make B easy this year with a little practice.

Colin, NICE! Glad to hear it. Let's mix it up and Dry fire together occasionally? GK has a basement setup at his office where we can dry fire after work with some pretty good distance and movement. I've also created a pretty good setup in my basement that includes a swinger. Best of luck. You will get there.

Read Lanny's book if you haven't already. It will go a long way towards helping you make your goal.

Sounds good to me!

Colin, you know I am always available to work with you if you want some good 1 on 1 training. If you really want to make GM, there's more to it than just dry fire. :) Text me anytime.

Thanks Chris. I will be taking you up on that as it warms up a bit.

Come on slacker.... I thought you were keeping a range diary.... :)

As I was sitting here this morning I thought I needed to make an entry in my range diary only to find this! Typical.

I could make some excuses including work craziness etc as to why I haven't practiced much this week but I won't.

I am headed to the gym here in a few minutes. In addition to increasing and improving my practice, I have changed my workouts to improve overall strength and fitness.

3 days a week I have been doing a 5x5 workout. Today will be:

A warmup jog on the treadmill and some stretching

Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps with 210

Overhead Press: 5 sets of 5 reps with 105

Deadlift: 1 set of 10 reps with 220

This afternoon will either be dryfire or hopefully some livefire if the rain lets up.

Today's plan is 15 min of dryfire this morning, basic drills.

This afternoon I will hit the gym and then I am going to reorganize my dryfire area so I can incorporate more movement.

My 22nd session of a 5x5 workout this morning:

Squats: 220 5 sets of 5

Overhead Press: 115 5 sets of 5

Deadlift: 230 1 set of 5

Threw in some Triceps too

Tricep Pulldowns with Rope 120 5x5

Single arm cable pulldowns 45 5x5

And some abs.

Feels good to really get back into working out hard!

Got my SS holster set up yesterday. Now waiting on my CR Speed SS adapters from Power Factor Shooting.

Started working on SS reloads yesterday. I can see working on those helping my Limited reloads be more precise.

Drove down to Silver Creek Conservation Club's match yesterday. If you are in the KY/OH/IN area you need to attend this match. 168 rounds of run and gun fun in FEBURARY!!! Dave and his crew put on an outstanding match every month.

Anyway, shot pretty well. Few hiccups along the way but for the first real match of the year, I was pretty happy.

Drove down to Silver Creek Conservation Club's match yesterday. If you are in the KY/OH/IN area you need to attend this match. 168 rounds of run and gun fun in FEBURARY!!! Dave and his crew put on an outstanding match every month.

Anyway, shot pretty well. Few hiccups along the way but for the first real match of the year, I was pretty happy.

Came in 2nd in Limited by 3 match points! SON OF A B****!!!!!! :eatdrink:

(nicely done to the winner Brad Eagans(sp?)) :cheers: :cheers:

Shot Miamisburg local match yesterday. I had a couple mikes but still managed to win Limited. It was another well designed and run match by the guys at Miamisburg. :cheers:

After shooting much less the last 2 or 3 months, I feel like my speed is still there but my accuracy has dropped off. I think I am going to the range today and do some distance group work.

• 2 weeks later...