Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 12-13-02

Patrick Sweeney

Lazy ass people who can't bother to turn a door handle so they use the friggin handicap button/paddle. And what happens when it wears out from overuse and a real handicapped person can't get it to open.

I've watched people actually walk 10-15 feet out of their way to go over the the button then walk back and wait for the door to open. Office people should be given IQ tests (is there such a thing as a common sense test...or isn't anybody left smart enough to figure one out?) any that fail  get to ride a short bus to work, have doors and elevators operated for them, then get pushed out the window on the top floor.

Thats a bit different, I do that as well as when I enter a building with all my tools. But some of that is because some people are too ignorant to help or hold the door for me. Office people treat workers like something off the bottom of their boot, even tough we usually make more than them.

crappy ass computers that puke on you for no reason. my old computer freezes up all the time.  

time to get another one.

Lets talk crappy-ass brand-new software....like Windows XP....CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY!!!!! Fczking crappy garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a power outage at work yesterday....and of course, everying in the shop runs on a computer anymore....so I restart my desktop, do the corrupted log-on bit.....run Norton Win Doctor.....find another 230 fczking errors...fix them...reset my screen settings, toolbar settings, icons, log the network drive, start Speed Disk....the power goes out again....I just effin' give up on this stuff....my XP machine at home is just a little bit more reliable....

Whining!!! I am sick to death of whining!!! What the h*ll happened to personal responsibility. Even most of the "hate" posts seem like whining about minor inconveniences.

This is the end of the semester, and as Dept. Head I've spent all of the last three days dealing with students whining because they didn't pass the last class they needed to graduate. Don't f*cking wait until you failed the course to complain about a couple of questions earlier in the semester. Study enough so that you can correctly answer 60% of the questions on the exams and you will pass.

Dang, that sounds like whining too. I'd apologize if it wasn't the Friday Flame War.

Cheers,

catharsis; (a) to cleanse, purge, (B) purification or purgation of the emotions, © a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension, (d) elimination of a complex by bringing it to conciousness and affording it expression.

whine; (a) a prolonged high-pitched cry, usually expressive of distress or pain, (B) a sound resembling such a cry, © a complaint uttered with or as if to whine.