Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide lock Reload

dpeters8445

If it happens once and he slingshots the slide, no problem. If it happens at every reload, then he gets a procedural IF he does a reload with the round in the chamber and doesn't store the mag. If he does the same thing at the next reload he gets a FTDR.

That being said, I have had one guy in 4 or 5 years use a gun that didn't lock back. He was doing an IPSC style reload. I am sure I didn't catch it a few times but when I did, I gave him a procedural and told him about the rules. He then just started stowing his mags. It wasn't too long after that he got his gun adjusted to lock back and started shooting like everyone else.

For the sake of information, if any shooters decide to shoot with a gun that doesn't lock back at my club, we'll just point and laugh at you, but we certainly won't PENALIZE you for it.

Your "click, SH*T, mag out, mag in, rack the slide" will be penalty enough. That equates to about 3 seconds I guess.

What idiot thinks it is faster to insert magazine and rack the slide compared to pushing a button. this is a disadvantage NO WAY you can claim an advantage if the slide is racked. It is in NO way an attempt to circumvent the rules or break the spirit of the game. I would be extremely pissed if someone gave me a procedural.. i might do something to get banned from the range if someone DQ'd me.

I've shot a beretta quite a lot, when i had trouble with my thumbs forward grip it would hold down the slide stop wouldn't engage on an empty mag. i have had mag springs go bad. too strong of a recoil spring with a light load..... and in 1911's followers DO go bad. mag springs go bad not to mention chronic problems anyway!

I agree with phil. laugh at them it's hurting more than it's helping..... if your so petty to try to give a procedural. .

Try this one. you prepare to do a tac load and you pull out the mag it's EMPTY you look down as yoru inserting the other mag .. do you still stow your empty mag? i saw an empty mag and just dropped it. ... i probabally deserve a flogging, .. any thoughts.

Try this one. you prepare to do a tac load and you pull out the mag it's EMPTY you look down as yoru inserting the other mag .. do you still stow your empty mag? i saw an empty mag and just dropped it. ... i probabally deserve a flogging, .. any thoughts.

do the instructions say "do a tac load" ?

Smoney,

Rule 18 Covers this.

"A reload with a round still in the chamber (slide down) and abandoning any magazine, will result in a three (3) second procedural penalty, or possibly a twenty (20) second FTDR penalty. "

There is no provision for shooters doing a tac load and looking at the magazine and seeing it was empty. FWIW, most people doing tac loads are not looking at the magazine to see if there are cartridges present, so I always considered it a weak argument.

The reason there is no exception for the "but I looked at the magazine and it was empty so I tossed it" situation is because it would open the door for gamesman to do speed loads by ejecting it into their hands and quickly dropping it, then claiming they would have tone a reload with retention had there been rounds in it.

It may be considered unrealistic to pocket an empty magazine but not unlike the no squatting rule, it makes for an easier to administer match.

Of course if you want to you can always do it like you train and take the three seconds. YMMV there.

Ted

You guys are right. my only thought at the time was ... SHIT the mags empty i was running low on ammo and hoping i had enough to finish the match. (had more ammo but it had not all been case gauged)

you know it's funny i didn't shoot competition at all for a few months but of course still shot my carry guns... it's amazing how much of the competitiveness is lost when your not on the timer frequently

Thanks.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...