Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA Area 4 Championship - Match Announcement

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will have everyone beat on passing chrono by the hair on my chinny chin chin. Made it at 165.1. I have no idea what happened to my load but it made it.

Many people were low on the chrono. My same batch of bullets that went 178 in Vegas went 160 on the first three and then 166.3 on the next three rounds. Been using the same load for a long time and it never went below 175, hot or cold. When I get to the range again I'll run some of the same through 2 different chronos to see if it was a wacky chrono.

The chrono usually ran a little high for me here for the last 3 yrs. It ran a 173 the last 3 yrs and this year it was a 171.

I would like to THANK all of the competitors that came to the table to either shop or just introduce themselves. It was the best Gator Classic to date. This was Gary and Barbara last year doing the classic. Have no fear the classic will go on,the ground work is done, all they have to do is follow the plan. We look forward to seeing yall next year!

Here is my video from the match. B Production. I had a ball shooting this match. I shot it like a 3 gun - 2 hits anywhere to neutralize! Needless to say my points weren't the greatest but it sure was fun and fast. I did have a few good stage finishes.

I wanted to give the Gator Classic/ Area 4 Championship gang an extra thank you for a great match. I shot limited 10 D class there, and was the only one in that class. Despite that they still made and sent a plaque for being first in D class. I cant tell you how much this means to me, as someone who is still pretty new to this sport, and am (to put it mildly) a bit on large side (well more like a lot on the large side :)). It was a great surprise to have this show up in the mail today. The match and the sport in general has been a great thing to stumble into, I have met and shot with some great people and look forward to doing so in the future.

David Finan