Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sentence. Fragment. Ads.

down0

Has our attention span gotten so short that ads have to consist, not of catchy phrases (You deserve a break today), but phrase fragments?

"Real. Comfortable. Jeans."

"Drive=Love"

I'm. Gonna.  Retch.

Ads=Stupid.

Don't even get me started on what I call "Happy, dancing actors" ads.....

Somewhere along the line I picked this up...

"It doesn't matter if you make a good first impression or a bad one...as long as you make an impression."

How many ads/commercials have you seen...often...that you remember the neat commercial...but have no idea of the product or service?

hmmmmmm

Flex-" How many ads/commercials have you seen...often...that you remember the neat commercial...but have no idea of the product or service?"

Very often!  A couple of nights ago a commercial runs by and Bonemomma looks at me and asks, "Were they trying to make a point, or are they just targeting stupid people who have credit cards?"   I can't remember the commercial she commented on now, but it could have been one of several.

The marketing ploy is too obvious for me:  If you're cool, you will get the nebulous message.  Un-cool people will never figure it out, dude!  So, be cool and buy our product.  

Commercial production has become so visually sophisticated that the conscious mind blows off the thought of the manufacturer of the product in many cases (god knows what the SUBconscious mind has been embedded with, though).

I'd put money on the fact that we ALL thoroughly remember (perhaps in great detail at that) the Victoria's Secret adverts AND who's responsible.......!......

Oh absolutlely yeh, the "up yours" was great comic relief--was happy to see they got away with it.