Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbine, Multigun and USPSA in Blakely,GA

There will be a new USPSA club in Blakely,GA at American International Marksmanship Academy. The facility is brand new and extremely nice and well laid out. There are 15 bays for action shooting and additionally there are 5 other pistol carbine bays, a 200 yard rifle, 300 yard rifle, 1000 yard known distance range and a 2200 meter unknown distance range, sporting clays, proshop with ammo and more. The first USPSA match should be mid/late February. I'll keep you posted. For more info on the facility check out:www.marksmanshipacademy.com

There will also be Tactical Carbine matches(similar to Steel City) 3 gun and long range rifle/sniper competitions.

Im in for USPSA matches. I think you will get 5-10 shooters from Tallahassee consistently, and maybe more. Most of us can RO. Please do not put it on the first Saturday because that is our local match.

That sounds like a great range, and I cant wait to shoot it in February.

Edited by GuyC

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a new USPSA club in Blakely,GA at American International Marksmanship Academy. The facility is brand new and extremely nice and well laid out. There are 15 bays for action shooting and additionally there are 5 other pistol carbine bays, a 200 yard rifle, 300 yard rifle, 1000 yard known distance range and a 2200 meter unknown distance range, sporting clays, proshop with ammo and more. The first USPSA match should be mid/late February. I'll keep you posted. For more info on the facility check out:www.marksmanshipacademy.com

There will also be Tactical Carbine matches(similar to Steel City) 3 gun and long range rifle/sniper competitions.

Keep us posted.

Are you going to bring back the multi-gun to Moss Branch?

Everything is looking good for the first match to be Sunday 26 Feb. I'm looking to do 5-6 stages and considering making it a pistol carbine match. 4 stages pistol only and 2-3 stages of carbine only, any thoughts?

I like to see an even balance of stages between rifle and pistol. Try to have one long range rifle stage if possible. I'll be there to give it a run and try to bring some local buddies that want to try it out.

What type of scoring and rules are you going to use?

Here's what I'm looking at right now.

4th Sunday(starting in Feb) USPSA

2nd Sunday(starting in March) Carbine only/ Carbine pistol 2 gun. I may alternate between all carbine one month and 2 gun the next.

4th Saturday Long range rifle( may start in Feb) 600-1000 yards prone or bench shooting still tweaking the details on that.

Also looking at throwing in Steel challenge somewhere also.

I wanted to update, I tweaked the monthly match schedule to work out better with some other local clubs. CArbine matches will be 4th Sunday starting in Feb and USPSA will be Second Sunday Starting in March. We will also host Longe range tactical rifle matches every 4th Saturday starting in Feb. Carbine matches will be 2 gun rifle/pistol occasionally, we will use something very similar to the Steel City Carbine rules and scoring, should be pretty fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I had been pushing hard to get the Carbine match going next weekend but I'm going hold off on it. All of our props should be built in the next few days but I want to give the grass on the bays a little more time to grow in and also make sure we put on a quality first match. We should be good to go for the USPSA match on the 10th of March. The AIM website is being reconstructed and the new and improved site should be up and running very soon.