Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Carbine Championship

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UBDATE:

Today the RO's shot the TSCC match at CCP&RC. The Bays were nice "DRY"!!! We hear that it might rain in the afternoon??? WHO KNOWS??? There is cover in most of the bay area. Today we had a lot of shooters come to see the range & check out the COF. We had many pleasing comments.

Don Critarii

CBS President

The match was great. It was a bit cold and wet, but it was a lot of fun. I can't say that I've ever had to engage two eggs, sitting on top of cones, unsupported, at thirty-five yards, but great stage design; made it more interesting. Looking forward to next year's match. The prizes that were raffled off were really good.

The Texas State Carbine Championship scores are now posted. Once again "Thank you all" for coming out and shooting with us at our new home. Putting on the TSCC is FUN. GOOD SHOOTING

Where are they posted at?

I had a great time yesterday. The overhangs on most of the bays definitely helped with the rain. I really liked all of the stages except for the one with the plywood blocking the targets....very frustrating! Shooting the eggs was literally a blast! Plus I got the chance to shoot left handed while balanced on 1 foot around a barricade. My only recommendation would be to paint the long range steel perhaps every 10 shooters or so. I shot it fairly early in the day so it wasn't a problem but I could see how later in the day it might be tough for iron and red dot shooters. RO's and volunteers were very nice. I'll definitely be back next year!

Ben

Good match. The weather was a problem. It was not a good idea for me to shoot the long field course right after the rain let up. The steel was already pretty black and hard to see with a red dot.

A big THANK YOU to all the staff, RO's and helpers for all there hard work in putting on the match. Of course they were out in the weather and rain sometimes runs shooters through stages.

2/13/ 2012

Sunday at the TSCC was one of the HAPPIEST rainy, cold match days I have been a part of! We feared the worst, but it didn’t happen.

The match competitors came out dressed like DUCK HUNTERS, READY for any weather. There was a spirit of “let’s do this” and they did. The ROs & time keepers kept every thing moving along quickly. The new awnings at most of the bays really worked well.

The shooters meeting, lunch, and the trophy presentation were all held at the large covered club house patio. There was an atmosphere of partying with old and new friends. You thought you were in a beer garden, it sure sounded like that! Those shooters who got to receive their trophies on the podium will have photos for the rest of their lives.

The scores were up and posted minutes after the last shot was fired. Do to some errors they were redone in short order. It was an invigorating match with a lot of laughter. IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

Don Critari

CBS President

Well…the 2012 Coastal Bend Shooters Texas State Carbine Championship is behind us. We had 89 entries signed-up with several no-shows. Attendance would likely be higher but for the threatening weather. Coastal Bend Shooters is now looking forward to its next invitational match: the Coastal Bend Challenge, an IDPA match scheduled for April 15th.

Last Sunday’s match was the fourth TSCC and the first at our new range. The larger bays, higher berms, club house, and covered meeting area all made for a much better match experience. Now…if we can just get the usually great Corpus Christi weather to cooperate the April 15th match has all that is necessary for a really great match.

As match director for this year CBS TSCC I would like to take this last opportunity to thank all those who participated in last Sunday’s match, and to the several people who signed-up but did not show-up…well you missed a good time in spite of the slight rain we got in the early afternoon. Thanks again to our sponsors: LaRue Tactical; DPMS; Rock River Arms; Stag Arms; Dreadnaught Industries; and Springfield Armory. And to the staff who worked so hard for three days to make this match happen, I cannot thank them enough.

Sincerely;

Philip L. Guarisco, Match Director

CBS TSCC 2012

• 2 weeks later...

The TSCC photos are now posted. Regrettably the sun was not out and it rained off and & on during the match. Because of the weather we weren’t able to take many photos. “Next year we will have to take twice as many”.

Again we have to say a super THANK YOU TO ALL THE SHOOTERS who came out and made it a successful match!!! Let’s hope we get good weather next year.

Don Critari

CBS President