Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster

skeeter

Uh oh. I think I know what you're doing...

Jerry Miculek used a CR Speed with what looked like a home grown metal extension fixed to the end. I've also seen people use the Safariland 002 holsters for 6" guns that just let the extra barrel hang out the end.

Aluminator will make one with a support rod specifically for your barrel length for no charge.

I use a Limcat holster for my 6.5 inch 610. IMO it's as fast as a holster can get. As the makers claim though, it's a range holster only. If subjected to violent motion, the gun can move around some though holstered in the locked position.

A good feature of the Limcat is that there is no long support stalk projecting down from the trigger cradle to get in the way of movement when the gun is unholstered.

While my Limcat holster is sold as a N frame holster, it will accept a number of different guns, e.g. a M&P and a 19-4. No doubt there are others, maybe even some autos, that I haven't had a chance to try.

I used a modified safariland for my 6.5" 610, but if I had the money I'd probably go with a CR speed as well. As it is, i spent too much money on 3 gun stuff this year and won't be able to spend much on anything else for a while.. so if I shoot any ICORE or anything else, I'll just use my safariland.

It works...

Vince