Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello everyone this is my first post, and I'm looking for a range in the New Orleans area preferably an outdoor range with people who do more practical shooting than the tacticle stuff. All I have found so far are indoor ranges, and when I ask about shooting from sandbags everyone asks why do you want to do that? I would like to start shooting from the bench first like it says in TB. If any one knows of a place or how I could find one I would sure appreciate the help

thanks

Eagle1,

Just a short one hour drive up to Gonzales, LA, the Ascesion Parish Sheriff's Range is open on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month. I think times are 2pm-6pm???

Just a little way north of LaPlace on US 61 is Nick's Shooting Range. Not sure of times. Call for times 985-535-8161.

Both of these Ranges are outdoors.

Nick's has USPSA match on 2nd Sunday, and EAPS has USPSA match at Ascesion Parish Sheriff's Range on 3rd Sunday.

1) St Benard Indoor Shooting center - IPSC match first sunday of each month, plate matches each Friday night.

2) Nicks is good - owner is very laid back, lots of ipsc shooters there, has Sunday and Thursday night matches - steel, ppc, IPSC. Membership is inexpensive, open 7 days.

3) Honey Island Swamp has a very nice range open to the public every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Manned by range officers. $6 to shoot all day, no membership necessary. 45 minutes from town. Web site has a map. Shooting line is covered. 25 and 100 yard ranges. http://www.honeyisland.org/