Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comps In DMG?

Duane Thomas

I did a search and can't find this topic elsewhere, my apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

Anway, I wasn't able to get onto IDPA.com to read the DMG rules (anyone else finding that site inaccessible lately?). However I was able to find a copy of the provisional rules online, and I found them a bit confusing in the area in which I'm interested. Specifically, there is the statement that no rifle used in DMG may have a compensator with a diameter of more than 1". But then comps are not listed on the inclusive list of permitted modifications, and "recoil reducing devices" are on the list of verboten mods. These two statements (that you can't have a comp of over 1" diameter and that recoil reducing devices are verboten period) seem contradictory. Perhaps that was cleared up in the final version.

My question: are compensators legal in either SSG or ESG?

Perhaps that was cleared up in the final version.

Final version?

There's a final version?

All I find on their website is the provisional PDF to which you allude: http://www.idpa.com/...es_07062010.pdf

Personally, I'm still waiting for clarification on the classification strategy :-( http://www.beachbunn...idpa/DMGpop.htm

Our local club in Nor Cal feels that comps are allowed on a rifle if no more than 1" dia. Like the rules for Tac Optics in USPSA. Flash Hiders are illegal in California so most everyone runs a comp/muzzle brake.

Still trying to figure out why the Factory Comfort Tec stock is not allowed on a Benelli M2, they kick much harder than my Remington 1100!

I wouldn't have someone build a rifle off of what we have right now. It would be too easy to force them into buying the wrong thing for a game that isn't played yet.

If they want to build a "3 gun" rifle I would try to best fit into one of the games that exist and fit within the rules.

• 2 months later...