Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Possible relo to Franklin, PA area

Hello,

Possible opportunity in that area and trying to look at potential locations to buy a home and costs associated with them. Have a wife and two kids as well (16 & 13) so schools are important. Would also prefer to stay away from as much snow as possible. Willing to drive 45 minutes for a commute.

Of course I would like to have a USPSA club within an hour drive of my home as well. :D

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello,

Possible opportunity in that area and trying to look at potential locations to buy a home and costs associated with them. Have a wife and two kids as well (16 & 13) so schools are important. Would also prefer to stay away from as much snow as possible. Willing to drive 45 minutes for a commute.

Of course I would like to have a USPSA club within an hour drive of my home as well. :D

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Check out westernpasection.com.

Three clubs in Western PA come to mind within easy reach. Castlewood, Pardoe and Gem City. A little further south and you get into the Pittsburgh area clubs. Then you also have any trips west into Ohio, so you have some nice choices.

You will get snow up in that area.

Good luck in your search and if you do come this way, let me know and we will get you fixed up with the local clubs.

45min. drive is that in the snow or summer? just kidding your not going to out run the snow in that area, maybe south but that's not going to do much, Grove City is nice but not very big. Butler is about an hour maybe not as much snow but it is all relative in NW Pa. Born and rasied their but now live in sunny NC. Still love the place just can't do the weather. Home pricing is one of the best deals in the country in that area but taxes are generally higher. School's are really good at least 20 years ago they were. Good luck :cheers:

Check out westernpasection.com.

Good luck in your search and if you do come this way, let me know and we will get you fixed up with the local clubs.

Thanks, I will definitely do that!

your not going to out run the snow in that area, maybe south but that's not going to do much, Grove City is nice but not very big.

Thanks, snow I am use to but trying to stay away from the lake effect that gets dumped out there. Small towns I am use to, my home town has a population of 3000 so will take a look at Grove City.

What about towns such as Sharon, Hermitage, Mercer, etc?

Thanks for the feedback

Mercer would put on top of a monthly match at Pardoe, only minutes away, and if you like dirt track racing, Mercer Raceway Park is right there. Erie would be less than an hour, Gem City is the club there. The Pittsburgh clubs wouldn't be much more than an hour.

Franklin, while not terribly far might fall outside your 45 minute commute limit.

Thanks, snow I am use to but trying to stay away from the lake effect that gets dumped out there. Small towns I am use to, my home town has a population of 3000 so will take a look at Grove City.

What about towns such as Sharon, Hermitage, Mercer, etc?

Thanks for the feedback

All good areas, Franklin has some beautiful big houses in that area same with Oil City. Grove City is nice good school, housing good(beings right off 79, Pitts people commute) Mercer I gradutaed form there, live in Sharon now. Hermitage good school, slowly growing in business(more then Sharon is THATS for sure)

as vluc said, many clubs within driving distance from west PA.

Please dont hesistate to ask if you need some more info.

• 2 weeks later...