Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy in Northern VA

mark97se

Just started out on this site. Been over ar AR-15.com for several years. Used to shoot a lot, but kids have slowed me down for the last 13 years or so...they are getting into shooting which is enabling me to get back into it as well. Shot 2 USPSA matches back in college and just did my first match of the new millenium last month in Fredericksburg. Loved it! Looking forward to shooting a lot more USPSA and 3 gun in the coming years.

Edited by mark97se

Welcome! Where in NOVA are you? I'm also in the area. My son and I were at Fredericksburg's last match as well. There's some good matches in the area. :cheers:

I live in Dumfries. I should be out there for the 2 gun match this weekend too. This time I will get to sleep for more than 1 hr before the match...I worked until 5am before last month's match.

Mark,

I'm in NOVA as well! I started shooting USPSA matches in July and have been seriously hooked ever since. The sport is extremely addictive! What division are you shooting?

Brett

I am shooting single stack with my old .45 for right now. The wife and one son are using my Glock 17 in production and the other son is using my Taurus 1911 9mm in single stack.

I may eventually start using a 9mm or .40 Glock for production/limited...the .45 ammo is just too expensive to practice much...

I've been shooting SS also!!! I'm having a blast with the skinny gun, and I completely agree, the cost of .45 is ridiculous! I'm actually going to start reloading this winter to cut cost. Also thinking about changing to a 40 to save a few dollars. It really stinks that the season is pretty much over. Train hard over the winter months. Hopefully I'll see you at a local match in the spring.

Brett