Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drivers wearing double dark cataract glasses

LPatterson

The title pretty much covers it. This state has a higher than average number of elderly people (older than me) who still drive. It doesn't help that a drivers license is valid for 8 years and all that is needed for a renewal is to look at an eye chart. Inside in normal light with glasses if you can see the chart then you are good for another 8 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Partner and I had a lady literally all over the road at 10 am.

First thought was she's DWI.

Go up to the car and its an elderly woman obviously doing her best to look younger than she is.

My partner asks her where her corrective lenses were and she just stares at him like she wants him dead.

She finally gets them out and the lenses on these could be used in the hubble space telescope to see the beginning of time.

Sent her into motor vehicle for driver review.

Beware all of us BabyBoomers are out there with our Cataracks driving cars/trucks and shootin guns. We are a very very large group. Did you ever think she couldn't hear you? BabyBoomers don't hear so good either.

By the way in Texas if you don't see 20/20 they send you to the eye doctor with a note, if he says you are hopless and he can do no more they renew the license. But there is a point where you have to ride with a seeing eye dog in the front seat, and a driver in the other.

I'm getting mine taken out in January scary thought someone poking around in your eye! It something you don't look for the cheapest place.

Now all you Cell phone addicks, hang up and drive, b@@tch.

Edited by CocoBolo

• 2 weeks later...

Cocobolo, I had the surgery about two years ago. My vision is now 20/20. I no longer need glasses for anything. My Eye Surgeon gets a fat Turkey every Christmas since then. It was a little scary but I wish it had been able to correct many years ago. They will only do the procedure when it is necessary. Make sure the Surgeon who performs the procedure has done it at least a thousands times. Then you will know how good he really is. Good Luck

Edited by gunracer38

Drivers with their double darks scare me too.

Cataract surgery had me scared for the first one, was no big deal for the second.

Just make sure that the prescribed drops get in the eye. When they do, they make their way to your throat and taste bitter. No bitter aftertaste, and you are not getting the drops into the eye enough. That is your QC check.

As to not being able to see the front sight, get a pair of shooting glasses made that have the non-shooting lense set for distance, the shooting lense set for the distance to the front sight.