Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Klipsch dethroned!!!

3quartertime

Much to my dismay my Klipsch Pro Media 5.1's have been dethroned as the highest quality PC speakers known to man.  It seems Logitech has been busy in the lab and produced a Z-680 series.  The ONLY source for computer info Maximum PC reports.

As I sit here listening Elton John's 'Mad Man Across the Water' on my currently unbelieveable system I can't imagine better sound.

Another hopeless audiophile must immediately rush out and buy a set of these new imposters and report on their inferior sound!!!

Steve A.,,,BigD.,,,Anyone,,,Anyone???

" Music was not meant to be played on a 'puter... "

That depends on the sound system. ;)  Lucky I don't have neighbors!!!  But then the yodeling practice proabably isn't too welcome with the towns folk either!!!

(Edited by 3quartertime at 3:33 am on Jan. 26, 2003)

That's funny.  The first time I heard of Klipsch Audio was in the early 80's.  I was in a military PX in Naples, Italy.  The overseas PX's always stocked VERY high end audio equipment and it was a big thing to buy there for a good discount and drag it home.  I remember walking into the speaker room and being blown away.  All high end speakers but the biggest, baddest ones were these four foot or so square bare plywood loudspeakers.  The price was in the thousands each back then.  The sound was amazing,  for a loudspeaker they sounded very good on low volume as you couldn't turn them up inside the store!!!

They had lots of other high end gadgets and gizmos ( have you ever seen a Nakamichi Dragon? ) but man were those speakers cool.  

When I found Klipsch PC speakers I couldn't resist even at the price.  Not the ones I remember but I got me some!!!