Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open 9mm minor?

.:DRAGON:.

I don't quite understand, it seems as though in one post you say slide speed doesn't matter and then you say it does. I agree with the ones that say it does, lol.

Also, my main question to those using a 9# spring while being unable to eject minor ammo is if a recoil master or similar sub spring system is in the setup.

Mine is just a straight 9# Wolff on a more or less 10 oz slide. Won't run my minor loads at all. 124 MG CMJ 4.1 N320@1.13

i'm using a 6# spring on mine with factory loads - 7# feels too heavy for it. I think the slide is around 8/9 ounces - sti steel master.

Just goes to show the diversity of the open gun. Bob shoots a SteelMaster it won't run with an 8# spring, I loaned him a 9# to finshish a match. My 4.13" shorty with extreme slide lighting loves an 11# spring, go figure, and runs minor and feels nice and snappy, must be that Brazos ThunderComp II. :cheers:

Hello: Buy some ISMI springs in the 7-11 pound range and you should be good for major or minor. Try different springs as long as it runs with your load you are good. I usually go one pound higher than the one that runs the pistol 100%. Just a safety buffer for a dirty pistol or? Thanks, Eric