Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the CZ 75 Shadow LS (from CZ Customes) leagal for IDPA in the ESP d

bmusick

I am looking at purchasing a new CZ and want to make sure it will be legal in IDPA (ESP.) I am looking at the CZ75 Shadow long slide from the CZ custom shop.

Here are two links I am looking at:

czcustom.com/cz75shadowlsblk.aspx

czcustom.com/cz75shadowls-bblk.aspx

From my understanding the stock CZ75 Shadow is legal. My concern is the two above are have triggers listed as "Pre B Configuration TS (Tactical Sports) Slide NO firing pin blocks"

I do not want to invest the money only to find out I can not use it in IDPA.

I am relatively new to IDPA and currently shoot the XDM 5.25. In the past I have always used 1911/2011's. With the XDM I can not seem to get a consistent grip on the draw. It always seems to be pointed to the right or left and I have to make a grip adjustment prior to the first shot. I know this is a training issue, but it just does not feel as natural in my hand compared to a 1911. I have handled the sp01 and like the way it feels, so I though I would give CZ a shot before jumping back to a 1911.

Thanks for all your help.

I called the CZ custom shop and it sounds like the OAL length will be too long.

Now I have two more questions:

1.) If I purchase a CZ 75 Shadow and have the trigger job done that converts it to a SA only will this be legal in IDPA (ESP division?)

2.I am not to familiar with the IDPA rules regarding DA/SA. My understanding is that the first shot must be DA. Does that only apply to SSP, in ESP can I start with the hammer cocked and my first shot be SA?

CZ Custom now makes a CZ 75 Shadow (short dust cover) with a flat aluminum SAO trigger. I put one in my Shadow before that offering was available. It's a truly nice trigger when combined with the other features of the short dust cover Shadow. It breaks right around 2lbs, very crisp, nice reset, adjustable pre and post travel.

That sounds like it might work. I have been looking all over for information on a good setup. It sounds like the challenge with this gun is keeping it under the IDPA weight restriction. If I go with the SAO trigger and shoot in ESP is there any way to add a magwell and stay under the wight restriction? It looks like it comes from the factory .2 oz too heavy. Does any one have a good combination of grips, magwell, guid rod, etc. to stay under 43OZ

Does anyone here have one of those pistols? I would love to see a top down pic of the gun on a piece of paper the same size as the box's internal dimensions. I bet that with a bit of creativity it could fit the box. We are allowed to "enhance" the pistol after all ;)

Edited by poopshooter

Buy any of these and shoot it cocked an locked for ESP. They are excellent as is from CZ Custom. I own the SA Target and have shot a friends Shadow. I recommend the shadow because there is no firing pin block. It's a small but noticable difference in the trigger feel. In a perfect world I'd own the Shadow with adjustable sights and have CZ Custom put the flat SA only trigger on it.

http://czcustom.com/cz75shadowtsadablk.aspx

http://czcustom.com/cz75shadowsadablk.aspx

http://czcustom.com/CZ75-SA-TARGET.aspx

Edit my bad: should have read what gun, you are good to go with the short dustcover 75's and single action trigers just make weigh at 43oz.or under.

I don't think you can put a single action trigger in a full length duscover and still be legal. To shoot in ESP it must be able to shoot in SSP. Page 21 of the rule book 2nd from bottom paragraph. Single action in ESP only and no carbon or steel full length dust cover so no-go. If you guys shoot Shadows Page 21 is our friend for ESP :cheers:

Edited by KPIC24

I've been using the cz 75 Shadow SAO in IDPA ESP. Great gun.

I see you have the CTS also. Does the CTS fit in the IDPA box? I saw on cz customs that the custom CTS is 53 OZ. If it fits in the box do you know any combination of parts to cut 10 Oz.