Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Personal challenge

stoked4AA

Yeps Taisto, i know you have to make choices and sometimes thats hard.

When using my chestrigs i could easily take down a second, but alas....

I would also be happy to give in one second on my reloading if that improved my shooting (hitting ;-) )

Thusfar the plan is to shoot the mainmatch at the WS but i will try watching you at the prematch.

Greetsz

Adrie

Yep, 9 competitors from Finland but i miss your name on the list, again... ;-)

But you will be there in september ofcourse!

Greetings

Adrie

Adrie

We have 2 competitors in our family shooting with both rifle and SG.

You know how much that will cost to travel both Championship matches, European and WS. ;)

That's the reason I won't shoot any other international matches this year except Estonia Open Rifle in July and perhaps Swedish/Nordic Championship Rifle Match.

You reload looks good but you need to cut down one more second. Our fastest guys are loading with strong hand. ;)

If you are shooting on pre match on WS maybe we can shoot on same squad. ;)

Adrie

I just saw a video about one of our guys whom has developed new reloading tactic.

8 rounds in aprox. 2.x seconds. :) (No, no it's not box fed gun)

Sorry, but I'm not going to reveal how he does it. You need to com to WS and watch him. ;):)

I think WS organizer is not going to set up shoot off with empty gun at start up like in European Championship match. :D

Are you mindf#cking Taisto?

I will be at the WS anyway :)

If the development of new loading techniques in Finland was initiated by the new SG-rules at least there is one positive side to them ;)

Now you better keep it secret!

Greetings

Adrie

I've seen the video, and I'm not worried :devil: there is about 2-3seconds missing in the overall time for mount and dismount, which realistically brings the shot to shot time to 5-6 seconds. which is pretty much the standard time to beat. the performer does look very smooth.

Trapr

And I promised that I would not forward the video so NO I won't tell you where I saw it.

I've seen the video, and I'm not worried :devil: there is about 2-3seconds missing in the overall time for mount and dismount, which realistically brings the shot to shot time to 5-6 seconds. which is pretty much the standard time to beat. the performer does look very smooth.

Trapr

And I promised that I would not forward the video so NO I won't tell you where I saw it.

We need to have a chat over a beer at Shot :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet!

I was going to do some live fire loading drills but it is raining today.

I will try that right now.

thanks for that video

An update for my load 2 belt:

I am down to a 5 second par for every load clean with gun on shoulder.

this looks much faster

• 4 months later...

Hi Taisto,

last weekend we had a kinda "matchtest" of the personal challenge the TS posted.

During the CESO 2012 http://www.puskaslovesz.hu/s/main.php?gr= at stage 10.

Start position, standing on a small platform (about 11/2 foot width, 3 foot long) hanging on chains. (very woblie!)

Shotgun option 3 held in both hands, stock touching hip and ofcourse triggerguard downwards.

4 plates (2 leftside of bay, 2 rightside of bay) in the backstop 3 minipoppers standing between and besides no-shoot poppers.

Distances about 8 - 15 meters.

Basicaly all competitors loaded 8 rounds.

Fasted three times on that stages:

Standard : 8.39, 8.96, 9.05

Modified : 9.05, 9.24, 9.59

Standard Manual : 8.08, 9.03, 9.72 ( that was me ;) )

If estimate the time needed to shoot the targets, splits&transitions you can calculate the loading times.

Btw, top 3 didnt include finish shooters but ofcourse not all of your topboys were there ;)

See you soon (Bulgaria Rifle??)

Greetings

Adrie

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, top 3 didnt include finish shooters but ofcourse not all of your topboys were there ;)

See you soon (Bulgaria Rifle??)

Greetings

Adrie

They were our scouts ;)

Top guys are still at home drinking beer.

Adrie, did you look at the Danish Open Rifle results?

There were only 4 of our guys and all got personal medals. :D

I will sure try to come Bulgaria if my wallet allows. If not then there will be only my wife from our family. :)

Estonia Open Rifle match is end of this month and many of our top rifle guys are there. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, your top guys ought to know the beer in Hungary is cheaper, like in Czech last weekend :)

No doubt Finland has great shooters and it is always a pleasure to watch or join them!

Estonia match will be great i am sure, some of my friends will go.

Cheers

Adrie