Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tuned 2011 mags

Mike21STI

I have several different mags for limited and duty, I have older SV, SPS and STI tubes. I didn't have any problems at first and then started to have issues...I learned how to tune them myself out of necessity. The SV and STI's look great, the SPS tubes took a little coaxing...they might look a little rough but they run now. I don't have a mag that doesn't hold at least 20 reloadable.

My mags looked well enough that I had several guys ask me to do theirs, I did and now I have done a bunch for others.

My limited mags are 20-21 reloadable. Depending on the components the big sticks hold 29-30 in 9 major or 38 super. I have several guys that have ran the mags nonstop and haven't had a single issue. I have worked on some mags that gave me some trouble but in the end they run 100%.

If the stock mags work and you are happy with the number of rounds...keep shooting them. If you are having trouble with the mags you can either fix them yourself or buy a set of tuned mags.

I have three SV mags that get 20 rounds easily. Two of them are reloadable. The rest get 19 rounds with no problems. I use Grams, Dawson, SV and Bolen base pads. Typically the Bolen pads, followers, and springs allow for a 20 round mag.

I pretty much do not care about getting 21 in a mag. In my limited experience, 5 or 6 Nationals and 6 or 7 Area 2 matches, I do not ever remember a stage where one extra round would have made any difference.

It seems like most stages now days are Single Stack friendly, so either I need a 24 round 40 S&W mag :roflol: or will just make do with what I have.

I have three SV mags that get 20 rounds easily. Two of them are reloadable. The rest get 19 rounds with no problems. I use Grams, Dawson, SV and Bolen base pads. Typically the Bolen pads, followers, and springs allow for a 20 round mag.

I pretty much do not care about getting 21 in a mag. In my limited experience, 5 or 6 Nationals and 6 or 7 Area 2 matches, I do not ever remember a stage where one extra round would have made any difference.

It seems like most stages now days are Single Stack friendly, so either I need a 24 round 40 S&W mag :roflol: or will just make do with what I have.

I have only run one stage in the last year where one mag would run the stage starting with 21+1, but, you had to move so I hit a reload anyway...